Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Want to say hello

tobijayttobijay Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease

I am new here and wanted to say hi to all of you. Like allot of you I have had many years of back pain (15 years for me and 1 year of leg pain,knee,and foot.) I had a MRI in 2005 it read server ddd, grade 1 spondylolisthesis of L5. I am on no Meds because of a stomach ulcer. I have not talked to any surgeons because i am giving them time to come up with something that works with total disk replacement it seems that they are not there yet..

Anyway I am 48 year old male who wants to learn from others who have walk this road, and hopefully met some friends on the way.

• I am going to Germany for a 3 level replacement. The adrsupport.org website has info in addition to this site. Good luck. Lots of ice works for me, the gel packs for 1 hour on and give skin an hour to heal after. Steroid injects are also good, glucosomine and fish oils, too.
  • Lidoderm patches also work to numb your back.
  • board! My story is in my signature. I am not having surgery until I am at the point where I am at risk of paralysis or permanent nerve damage, etc. Although I have so many issues, I have been told, since a fusion is such a risky procedure, that I am not at the point yet where it is worth the risk to operate.

Although I have NO quality of life, my daily pills do help to make life a little tolerable. I have a VERY supportive family, so I am expected to do very little. I lounge in my recliner for most of the day.

You will find a lot of support through this group. Again, welcome to the board!!!!

• I have mild DDD and recently recovered from a L5-S1 herniated disc. I hope you find the info and support you need here. It's been a great place for support of what I've been through for over a year since I've been here. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Welcome You at the right place to get infor. and meet people. And we are here to help answer some of your question.

Again welcome