Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New kid on the

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello. Well then. A little bit about me? Ok. I'm 46 years old, male, had back surgery last July and still have pain and trouble with my back, left leg and other body parts and funtions. I hope to find others with similar troubles who can help me and my wife through this mess. Honestly, I don't know what to do some times, yell or hit something, because the pain gets so bad at times. It brings tears to my eyes and I just lay in bed in the dark crying till it calms down enough to get out of bed again. I feel lost, usless to care for my wife and do things like I use to. So I hope to find some help, guidence to the right treatments to give us some quality of life back.

Thank you,

• Sorry to hear that you are having such a struggle at the moment. I know it seems a bit dismal right now, but things can and do get better, unfortunately with spine patients it a slow process.

Can you elaborate a little about how you injured your back, what damage was done and what surgery at what levels you underwent in July. This type of information will allow those with similar experiences to relate things much easier.

Just know that things can and do get better, but it takes work, patience and persistence.

Welcome to Spine Health.

• I am very, very sorry for all of the pain that you are going through, but I can tell you that I can relate.... After a 3 level/360 fusion and 5 Laminectomies I was diagnosed with fail back surgery syndrome, which means that I am in intractable pain 24/7.
    My life has changed drastically since this happened to me, and I lost my job and my house due to all of the medical issues. The most important thing that I have found to keep me going is a positive attitude. I know, is hard to do! but, is either that or going nuts, so I rather be positive about the whole deal.

Do you have a good pain management Doctor taking care of you? Have you talked to your surgeon about the recurring pain? What does he/she have to say? Have you try alternative therapies like accupunture, biofeedback, etc.???? Maybe talking to your Doctor and seeing if he would recommend some alternative therapies might be a good thing for you. I am also very new to this site, but so far I have found nothing but support and help here, so I hope that been able to talk to other that are in your shoes will help you get out of the funk. You take care and I hope to see you around.

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry your surgery was not a complete success. :( you must be so dissappointed and frustrated as well. ~X( i know your wife still loves you though and the defeat you feel is only within your mind. you are still loved and appreciated i am sure.. :X chronic pain does funny things to our moral and our psyce!! we loose track of ourselves many times. having SH to visit and chat with is a big help and keeps me grounded!! :D good luck to you and i hope you find some help soon. :D you have come to a good start, here at SH.. :D Jenny :)