Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My Story

Christina69CChristina69 Posts: 534
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in New Member Introductions
40 year old married mother of two children ages 20 and 18.
Muscle spasms started after getting up from sitting position in '07, cervical herniation, stenosis and bone spurs showed up on MRI resulting in emergency cervical fusion of C5-C6(sept. 07).
Pain continued in middle/lower back. MRIs showed herniated disc in lumbar area, stenosis, and fatty tissue in the spinal canal causing spinal cord to be pushed to the left.
Tried heat/cold therapy, PT, facet joint injection,as well as facet joint injection, epidurals/injections, steriods, Tens Unit, Ultrasound therapy, Nerve blocks and Various pain meds.
After exhausting all other treatments and having a discography had a spinal fusion L5-S1 with instrumentation (cage, 2 rods, screws, plastic spacer, bone grafts (made from my own bone ) on June 24th, 2008. Both growth stimulator used. Ct-Scan at 13 months showed fusion on one side and non-fusion on the other. Nerve block injections tried again for pain with no luck. Screw loosening and movement seen in the bone. Arthritis and DDD now in hips as well as spine.
Medications have been chaged to Lyrica twice a day, Morphine twice a day, muscle relaxers tid and Percocet for breakthrough pain.
Having alot of pain in the left side of my hip and lower back where there was a non-fusion. Also now have started having quite alot of pain in my legs down to the knees.
Nerve damage showing as Numbness and tingling in the hands and feet which surgeon says will probably never go away. Hyper reflexes due to cord damage present.
Have buldging disk at T-9. Physical therapy with ultrasound and hot packs. Injection to numb the nerve root.
Third surgery on October 22nd, was suppose to be an exploratory surgery and remove hardware. Turns out I had a bone shelf grow into spinal canal which had to be removed and the fusion of 08 had to be redone and packed with more bone and bigger rods and screws.
Still on Morphine 2X's a day, percocet @ 4 hours for b/t pain, and a muscle relaxer when needed.

• Is sounds like you have been through a whole lot. I am sorry that you had to suffer so much, but you will see a lot of people on this site that can absolutely relate to your experience. Welcome to the site and I hope that you can find some comfort and relief now that you have a community of people to share your pain and issues with.
    You are no longer alone...... Take care,

• How I admire your strength and courage. My first surgery is due next month but have been 2 years since injury trying everything else possible.This site offers so much support, advice, friendship and that understanding of one spiney to another. Hope you find ways that will improve your health. Just wanted to say Hi and welcome- Hugs n' Loves - Paula
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. sorry you are having so much pain. i do hope you find some pain relief soon. i know it helps me to chat with others here on the forum when i am feeling down... :D perhaps it will help you as well. good luck as you move forward! :D Jenny :)