Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Fluid buildup at incision site

slinc101sslinc101 Posts: 8
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everyone I've been following the forum for a few wks now and find it to be amazingly helpful. I am 7days post op from acdf surgery and believe me when I tell you if it wasn't for all the insight and knowledge I would've back down. So I thank all of you for all the info I gathered before my surgery and what to expect afterwards. I had an ACDF on C5-C6 and C6-C7 with 2 plates and I'm doing ok except for a hard lump right under the incision area. It feels like a jumbo egg. I went to docs today and the PA told me it's probably fluid. Has anyone else had this after acdf surgery? If so could you please explain to me how fluid becomes hard. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Take care all and GOD BLESS.

• Your body naturally encases something that it feels is foreign, making that fluid-filled pocket feel hard to the touch. What do they plan on doing about it? Are they taking a wait-and-see approach to see if your body will reabsorb it on its own?

Best wishes,

• Hi Marianne and thank you for the reply. The PA said that they'll aspirate it if it doesn't get any better by next weeks visit. Ouch sounds painful. I had I131 radiation 8 years ago for my overactive thyroid and hypo now. I'm hoping it has nothing to do with my gland but so so close it makes me wonder. I gonna wait and see but for now any and all info is greatly appreciated. Thank you
  • :))) Hi Paul and Buddy and thank you for the warm welcome and the info. Any anticipated procedure and pain at this point makes me a little worried. White coat syndrome as we might all say. Sometimes I get panic attacks just thinking about going to the docs and having something else go wrong. I gotta work on that. Much appreciated Paul. God Bless
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i don't have much to add but just hello and stop by anytime!! :D i do hope you are feeling better soon! good luck with this procedure! =D> Jenny :)
  • I am a little over 2 wks post op from neck surgery. Fusion of C6-C7 (surgery in back of neck). I still have the stitches but have a mass amount of fluid built up. I had to have it drained last week and I'm thinking the same thing will have to happen at tomorrows dr appt. I'm just wondering if the doc will be able to remove the stitches if there is this much fluid built up. Any ideas what will happen??
  • hi KC! welcome to the forum! :H i wish i had some answers for you but i don't, only a hello!! i do hope your appointment goes well and whatever happens will make you feel better! good luck! stop by the forum anytime you have any questions! some spiney will come along and help!you might try "Pain
    Topics A-Z" at the side of the page for some answers!! Jenny :)