Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

A Time to Help Someone

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,862
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
I am sure most of you know Miki (PRIESTESS). She is one of the original Moderators. Miki and I worked closely together moderating Spine-Health.
It was her, who coined my nickname Papa-Ron. I became her virtual Dad and she was my virtual daughter.

I think the world of Miki and I am sure that those of you that know her, will know that she is one of the most compassionate, understanding, sensible, reliable, honest person you can meet. Its hard to put into words just exactly what Miki brought to Spine-Health. I know this site is much better with the efforts she put forward.

Miki is also a very private person. She pours her heart out to everyone, while many times sacrificing her own health and needs.

She has has a very rough time this past year and it is still going on. Her father went through a very serious illness and is on the mend. Recently, they discovered medical problems with her daughter.

I know Miki would kill me just posting this. But I am a believer and how mass compassionate help can work.

I do not want to go into any details and most of you also know I am not the most religious person.

But right now, I am saying daily prays and hoping that everything will turn out. I know it will.

Just giving your concern and hope towards Miki will just create a enormous output of love and concern to her.

Please take a second or two to post your help and encouragement to Miki.

Thank you
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• I just want to send out a hug for you and your family at this time. I'm thinking of you and your daughter and wishing healing thoughts and prayers. Take care now. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I am so sorry you are having a difficult time. Your family will be in my prayers. You have proven that you are a very strong woman and have held up to the weights placed on you recently. Please don't forget to take care of yourself while you are caring for those you love. And if you need a break for a few minutes, stop by and visit with your friends here.

I'm sending good vibes your way!

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • I wish all the best to you and your family. I hope all gets better for your daughter and am glad your dad is doing better. Prays and hugs.

• So sorry you are having such a difficult time. Sending you as much good thoughts and wishes for you and your family. Hugs n' gentle loves - Paula XOXOXOX
  • Hi Mikki, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers....sending you lots of gentle hugs and kisses xoxoxoxox
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Please know that I care about you and what you're going through and will be thinking of you. Take care of yourself.

• I'm sending many positive thoughts and prayers your way. (((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

• your love and strength will pull you and your daughter through this hard time, i am very pleased your dad is doing so well, another sign of the loving healing gifts you give to people.
    you are all in my thougths and prayers x
  • Miki, my lovely friend, I'm saying a prayer for you and your family. Your daughter and father are blessed to have you and I know that with your fighting spirit, you'll help them through this difficult time.

Just don't forget to take care of yourself, too. We love you and want nothing more than to have you back telling us that everything is ok.

I'm sending you a big gentle hug, my friend. You know if you need anything, anything at all, I'm just a PM away.

• The power of prayer/positive thoughts has been proven to work wonders. I'm sending mine on to you for strength to get through this difficult time.
  • It never ceases to amaze me, the amount of compassion, hope, help and strenght the members of Spine-Health will give when "one of our own" is in need.

Dear member community - you are AWESOME. I am sure Mikki will appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers and "gentle hugs".

Thank you for being you.
  • wishing you the best and will have you in my prayers nightly
  • Especially for those of us that have been around here for many years, our thoughts and prayers now go back to you and your family. You have been here for us when the darkness seemed unending.....please know that we want to send the light back to you and those you love.
  • Sorry to hear you are having rough times. I am sending huge HUGZ to you and your family! I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. *HUG*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • May God's special O:) O:) O:) O:) O:) army watch over you. As you navigate the waters of this stressful time, let their wings bear the weight of your heavy heart and bring you the peace that only faith in God's plan can bring to you.

Don't forget to take a little time to care for yourself -- Momma bears can't go down!

Sending loving, healing thoughts your way and many prayers,

• Thank you for helping to make S-H what it is. May God strengthen you during these difficult days. You're in my prayers.

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • You and your family are in my thoughts. You have a whole community behind you here.

• Dear Miki, I am really concerned about you. You have been there for all of us when we needed compassion or advise. Now all I can promise you that we are here for you. If you need our prayers, positive thoughts or good wishes, you'll have them. Most importantly, we keep you and your family in our thoughts. May the new day bring you a brighter tomorrow!

Sending you and your family my very best wishes, and keep up your spirit!

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    positive thoughts and prayers your way to you and your entire family. May the strength of all of us collectively behind you make the days ahead of you all positive ones.
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during these difficult times as well as the good ones. We are here for you always. Hugs, Meydey
  • Please know my family and I will keep you in our prayers.

As Jim stated above, I believe when people pull together... we help to bear the burdens of a troubled loved one. Knowing so many people are wishing you strength when you feel weak... can sometimes lift the heavy load you carry.

God bless,

• Medical problems just aren't supposed to occur with our children. When I was faced with this situation, it was sheer hell and I didn't eat or sleep for weeks.

I hope (more than you will ever know) that whatever is wrong with her, is rapidly resolved.

• Mikki - I am keeping you, your precious daughter, and your father in my prayers and sending good vibes your way. May God watch over you and yours. O:)
    Please do remember to take a little time to take care of yourself as well. God Bless.
  • Mikki - I am keeping you, your precious daughter, and your father in my prayers and sending good vibes your way. May God watch over you and yours. O:)
    Please do remember to take a little time to take care of yourself as well. God Bless.
  • I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. It is very difficult to have more than one family member facing health issues at one time, I know because I have been there myself. Also, as a mom, there is nothing in the world more important than our children! I have also had to face this challenge, so my heart is with you more than you can ever know! You don't know me, but I'm sending you love and prayers! Your plate is full as a mom, wife, daughter to your family. Take care of yourself as you struggle with the challenges because your daughter needs you to be as strong as you can for her. I know you have your own health issues too so I'm going to pray to help you have strength and courage to make it through each day. You are not alone. Remember, each day your SH friends are sending thoughts and prayers.

Thinking of you,
  • P.S. Don't be mad at Ron for posting this! He cares about you and wants the best for you! The best thing he could think to do for you right now is to pull your SH members together to let you know how much you are cared for!
  • Where are the words for a friend of the heart in need when you need them, for one who has given and never asked in return?

For when in the deepest night walked into the storm to find the lost, to seek and seek tirelesly and faithfully until the night was done and all the flock safely home.

to offer that rare and fine drink from the cup to a cast away person you have found by the way?

to share the cup of bitterness with the helpless
    to part the bread with the stranger

to rush to the aid of someone hurt
    to rush the tide to save the drowning soul

Where are the words for friend
    to the one who has stood to the right of me in the darkest battles and offer shield to me from the hammer blows of life

all the while I was covered, your were taking blows.
    that is friend

Hearing the cry in the night and running to aid the helpless, to stand fierce and unplacable,
    gainst the dark wolves who seek to take light.

standing watch over us
    day or night

These words describe the best of what is in us
    these words descibe you

Stand tall and proud my beautiful friend
    we may not be able to stand beside you in some of the fights
    but know this true

one who gives light
    can be given light in return

there is no storm however wide and deep
    there is no mountain fierce and wide
    there is no sea, no wrack, no tide
    there is no load broad and wide
    WE cant carry together.

There are no words to tell
    when you find a friend has stumbled and maybe fell

there are shoulders strong and wide
    who can carry you to the other side

You keep some love for yourself Miki
    you have to do this when a heart like yours can give
    untill there is none, I see you, I know you, you will sacrifice all, coz your made that way.

Know you are in my prayers
    Know you are in my thoughts until the day is here
    Know you have the voice to call out from the side of this dusty road
    and know
    that I will share my water with you

You will have the strength you need
    because your made like that

set your chin to the fight
    chin down
    fists up
    start swinging!
    its Spiney Fu and you are master!

From someone of the old Guard.
    I got your back.

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• My prayers are with you.

Please know that this too shall pass.
    Peace be with you~Robin
  • We haven't heard any updates, which is find and totally understandable, but I wanted you to know that we're still keeping you, your father and daughter in our prayers.

I love you my friend and am hoping everything is improving. We're here, more than you know.

I love William's beautiful words and they are so true:
    Where are the words for a friend of the heart in need when you need them, for one who has given and never asked in return?
    You're a very special lady and we miss your warm and caring heart, but know it's awfully busy right now.

• hi miki
    please know good thoughts and special prayers go out to you and your family
    your always so giving and inspiring to us
    hope things get better for you daily
    stay strong
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.