Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Okay I am home after my PLIF L4 L5

rmickhail2rrmickhail2 Posts: 21
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:40 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
MY 2 PART POST:

Part 1:

Okay back home and set up properly to handle this recovery. I am doing well. Actually all things considered very well. Just taking it easy. I have an incision that is about 8 to 9 inches with 19 staples holding it down.( I have a great pic but dont know how 2 get it posted on this site) My sciatica on my left side was gone when I woke up from surgery. What ever was going on on the right leg has stopped. I am walking not to much but doing enough of it and getting good rest. NO BENDING LIFTING OR TWISTING IS EXTREMELY HARD AND IS NO JOKE. Bm's were pretty hard and still are. But finally 2day I was lucky 2 get 2 out. I am having a very hard time concentrating and focusing. Thats why I have not reported to you guys. Now I will and I promise, and please dont hesitate to ask me anything. But day by day I see it get better. My Pain is low and managed very well. They have me on Percocet/oxycodone 5/325 - hydrocodone10/50 - Lyrica 75mg - Medicinal Marihuana as needed and add in some stool softner to the mix.

O and by the way to the others who have had the surgery with me this month welcome home and stay in touch I truely hope you are getting the same results thus far. We all definatly have a very long road in front.

Part 2:

Got home 2 days ago but my home was not ready for me. ALL MY FAULT. I needed to really sit and think and I did not do that. We as patiences need make sure if we can to put it together like we are going to use it. My house just wasnt ready to handle me. When I got back home I had to have my auto bed replaced, toilet seat changed and some other issues that all were takin on by my loved ones. So those pre-op lists on here are things not to take lightly. Anyway Glad to be home and working on getting better. I will stay in touch and keep you all informed.

Take care, Rick

P.s. Maybe one of you can tell me how to upload pictures.
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome home!

Sounds like things are going very well - to have an immediate change in your neuroligical symptoms is great news.

As far as your photo -

I uploaded mine to a free internet storage site - photobucket.com

Then, once loaded on there I sized the photos down a bit. There are several codes for each photo. I clicked on the one that had .img in it. CTRL Copy that code and then CTRL paste the code in the body of your post.

Hope that helps.

• Sounds like you are doing really well after your surgery. Hope that your healing continues smoothly and that you find things to do while you wait.

Do keep us posted with your progress. Those of us anticipating surgery love to hear the good stories!

Take care.
  • Hi Rick

Good to hear that your surgery went well and I hope you continue to heal really well. Take things steadily and accept as much help as you need from family and friends. I'm 3 months post-op and it's so wonderful to walk without pain.

Trish

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • welcome home Rick--great job! don't beat yourself up over not having your house ready,sometimes it just takes the post op return home to decide what you need to do.This was my second fusion,so there were things I knew to do,but 2 weeks post surgery I am still moving,rearranging,etc.Don't overdo!Keep us posted! Jeannie
advertisement