Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

neck pain & dizziness

kimmeamkkimmeam Posts: 149
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had ACDF c5-6 08/08/08. That is more thatn a year ago. I have complained since day one. Something is not right. Now my neck seems to "freeze" where it is almost impossible for me to turn. Then I get a severe bout of dizziness & almost nausea like.
I have been seeing a new PM for the past 2 months. I have been rx'd ms contin 15 2 x per day & percoset 5/325 3 x per day. I am feeling that this is not enough to keep the pain at bay. I get very sharp neck pains arm pains & the back of my head. It just doesn't quit.
I have seen 2 other surgeons. They have said that surgery wasnot an option until my symptoms progress. How progressed must they be? I feel like nobody believes me since I have had the same complaint since surgery.
Do I look for another Dr. again? Do I ask my new PM for different meds? I must work & now have to work no less than 10 hour days through the end of the year.
Any advice or suggestions are welcoming.

• Have any of your docs re-examined you or done any post op diagnostic testing via MRI, CT or x-ray? What is their response to the issues with dizziness and nausea?

If I were in your shoes and I knew that something wasn't right, I would continue to seek out someone who will take the time to really evaluate the situation.

I'm sorry that you are having to go through this as well as do so while working so hard. Don't give up or give in, until someone helps you!

• First I need to correct my working hours. I have to work these hours until the end of this month.
    I have had a ct scan mri & xrays. They have diagnosed me with failed surgery. I did fuse but the pain & symptoms did not improve.
    I will have to find someone to look at me again. I do have films of my ct scan. I am planning to bring them to my next appt. with my PM. Maybe he will see something. To me it looks like the screws are touching my spine. I have not been told this by the other Dr.s though.
    Thank you "C"
  • Touching the spine as in the bone or the spinal cord ( different then the fluid that surrounds it)