Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I need help with symptoms.

hisbeauty4asheshhisbeauty4ashes Posts: 182
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Fibromyalgia
Hi friends,

I need your help. I am experiencing strange symptoms and am wondering is it the TOS I have or Fibromalgia.

Last night I started feeling as if someone had punched both my arms and they felt so bruised then it went into my neck, then my shoulders then it traveled into my rib cage area and then around my back. It is the strangest thing because I feel so bruised and I feel like it just keeps traveling to every part of my body and it is feverish if that makes sense.

Do any of you know what this might be it is scaring me.

Thanks so much for your time.

• That could very well be fibro - I've had it for years, and that's how parts (or sometimes ALL) of my body feels a lot of the time.
    I have discovered that even tho it hurts, a little mild exercise seems to improve things the following day, and gabapentin (Neurontin, Lyrica)relieves some of the pain.
    I sometimes have trouble identifying which problem causes me pain. I also have diabetes and degenerative disc disease (L4/L5 fusion three years ago). I guess it doesn't matter which thing causes it - just what can be done to lessen it!
  • I saw your lengthy description in another thread you posted. I was too wiped out to even respond. Sorry.

Yes, Fibromyalgia feels like someone has beaten every muscle in my body. When both it and the spine issues kick in, I truly feel like someone dropped me over the side of a building. And of course, the Irritable Bowel part of Fibro. always kicks in....so I am up and down...absolutely miserable.

On days that the above isn't "so bad", it seems the fatigue kicks in. If this isn't the same kind of fatigue that cancer patients feel...omg! It's awful. It's not depression because I want SO badly to clean the house or take a drive or a walk...but I'm flat. If I push myself on fatigue days, the headache and nausea that comes with it gets worse.

Hope that helps.

My true life savers are (2) 5/500 Vicodins and 30 mgs of Cymbalta - with constant ibuprofen at low levels in my system.