Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Revision Questions?

monibmmonib Posts: 102
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
When you have a revision does it start the 8 weeks of no BLT's again? How does it compare pain wise to the perm. placement? Any help is appreciated. I am nervous and just want to know what to expect.

• On what they are moving and why.
    I believe that if it is on the ipg side of the system you will only be pain limited, do what you can without hurting yourself, etc,

If they move the lead or leads I believe it all starts the clock of no BLT over again.

• Thanks...they are not doing anything to ipg moving 2 leads to a new location and then pushing a wire back further under the skin. I guess it will be 8 weeks again. I hate that. I am a single mom and have limited amount of help from friends. I may have to reply on them more this time around.
  • If they touch the leads or wires, then the clock starts over in order to allow everything to scar in properly. It's worth it to get things rectified.
  • i had a stimulator put in and the tech cannot program it to hit my lower back, it goes like my crotch to my feet. they say i need it actually put up further, and now my dr. says he wont do it. and im having a hard time finding one who will, i live in tennessee and have tried for months to find a dr to move it. has anyone had problems? also has anyone felt like vibrations in your crotch when you have it off sometimes? and once i rolled over and felt a stabbing burning in the middle of my back. and now hurts now and again. wonderin if you all had problems. ive had lower back fused.
  • Can't answer you on the back coverage. My leads (R-T11/T12, L-T12/L1) aren't high enough to stimulate there. I can stimulate in the crotch area, but have always found it very uncomfortable. I've never had any residual stimulation when the unit is off, but to be honest, I never shut mine off. As for the burning in the middle of the back, that might be because you've stressed (pulled) the anchors and leads causing some inflammation. I do this at least once or twice a week and have found Advil or Motrin works fine for when that happens.

• thanks dave, that makes sense with the put stress on the anchors. i didn't know that that could happen. odd. at least i got one answer. i can't get my boston scientific lady to give me an answer. maybe one day. good luck with yours and im glad it gives you releif. I appreciate your help.. thanks..