Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hey everyone surgery is over

ceecee41cceecee41 Posts: 114
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well I am on the otherside and it has been rough my heart rate is kinda low and blood pressure low in alot of pain and they are trying to control the pain I have a total of 6 screws in me and rods and bone graft I had the lumber fusion 360 anterior/posterior it was a hard process and I know the pain is temporary and it will pass away but not having a good day.

• glad to hear all went well. stay strong as everyday you feel a little bit better. im 7 days post-op L5S1 and last night i went to get groceries with the hubby.
  • Life on the "other side" is a slow process. Sounds like you are doing OK, to be posting the day after surgery, WOW I'm impressed. Let others take care of you for a while, but do walk, as often as possible, it helps with healing.
    Keep us posted
    God Bless and Keep You,
  • ceecee-I had the anterior/posterior 3 weeks ago,so talk to me!
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I'm glad your surgery is over and that you're doing well enough to post so soon. I hope that you have a fast and easy recovery. Take it easy and try to be patient. I hope they soon get your pain under control. Good luck.

• I hope that you have a good recovery! I know that it is a tough road.
  • I'm glad your surgery is over...and the anxiety that went with it. My blood pressure went pretty low while I was in hospital too. My physical therapist said I wasn't breathing deeply enough - I almost passed out when she was taking me for a walk!

Pain is oh my word....indescribably, but it does get better!!!! So there's hope in that! It would be awesome if we could snap our fingers and the pain go away. but take a look-see at Jeannie (texascowgirl). This will pass and you'll be rocking it again soon.

In the interim...you have a wonderful spiney family who's hear to listen to you rant and rave, cry and vent and share good news with...We've all been there!!!

Do walk daily but take it easy.....very easy. The day might come really soon where you feel you can do something else...I call it wonder woman syndrome LOL....DON'T. Its easy to overdo when the pain is at a minimum but if its too soon, you'll pay for it later.

Take it easy, rest often, be positive and stay happy! Keep us posted.....speaking for myself I love to read the stories of people's recovery. It gives hope!

• Hi CeeCee!

Hey, I'm going to agree with Lynette in that it's day one and you're posting messages? I think it was day 4 before I could focus my brain long enough to send a text.

You're on your way to feeling better. That first day really is the worst and it gets better each day. Like many say, walk when you can and take it easy the rest of the time.

• Hi Ceecee, I hope that you have had a better day today and that your pain levels are being controlled now.

Take care and rest.
  • You are at the beginning of the healing road - it only gets better from here.

I also had blood loss and then low blood pressure after my fusion. You get pretty spacey when you get low like that AND if you get low enough it messes with what pain meds you are allowed!

Hope all is improving -
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    Glad to see you are on the other side. I hope you are still in the hospital for pain management! Make sure you let your needs be known.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • I will be in the hospital for a couple of more days due to my pain but it was a rough surgery thanks to everyone for there prayers and support the pain is very difficult for me but I know it will take time.

• Great to hear from you again.
    Good that you have a positive attitude to all this. I'll keep praying that they can get your pain more comfortable.
    Tomorrow is another day. I hope you'll feel better then. Take it day by day - each day that passes, you are a day closer to feeling much better.

• I'm glad you are doing o.k. and I will pray that your pain is getting managed and you start feeling better!
    Take care,
  • Hi there girl! I know the pain is rough those first two days. It will get better and your body will start settling down soon. Just hang in there and let them manage you and do what they say to do. I know it's scary and hard, but you will get through it. Don't be afraid to request more medicine or to remind them when it is time. I'm real happy for you. You sure did it up big! That's a big surgery you just partook of. Hopefully you'll get out of the pain-fog in another day or two and start getting your wits about you. Hang tough. You made it through the actual surgery and now it's all about healing and getting yourself home. One step after the other gets you where you want to be. Talk soon!
  • Terrific to hear from you so early !!

Hope the nurses have got your pain under control now and you can rest a little better. My blood pressure was very low for 4 days and it came up on day 5 and then I could go home.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • I am so happy to see you are on the other side of the surgery,that's the scariest part. Other than the PT they are going to put you thru, get as much rest in the hospital as possible, because it has been much harder for me to rest at home. It's too easy to be up doing things you shouldn't do. Take care and keep us updated.

Blesses and Hugs,
  • Hi CeeCee

hope your pain is better under control and will be going home soon!!! Lynette
  • The Surgery was bad and I still have the leg pain my doctor said that the nerve was inflammed really bad it will take about 6 weeks to feel t he pain gone. I am curretly taing dialuad and lyrica and medprisone for the pain today is a better day for me so thanks to everyone who was posting and praying pain is difficult at times.
  • The Surgery was bad and I still have the leg pain my doctor said that the nerve was inflammed really bad it will take about 6 weeks to feel t he pain gone. I am curretly taing dialuad and lyrica and medprisone for the pain today is a better day for me so thanks to everyone who was posting and praying pain is difficult at times.
  • Today is a much better day for me still have pain but able to control it better I appreciate all the postings and the encouragement it has helps me a alot.

• Great to see you on here again. That is a good sign - well done.
    It sounds like they have got your pain under control now. Keep taking the medication and rest when you can.
    Each day will get better and better. Hopefully the worst is behind you now. Keep your eyes on the road ahead and hope that the bumpy bit is behind you.

Take care.
    (I'll keep praying for you.)
  • ceecee--I am so glad the pain is getting a bit more tolerable--it is all going to be good!Try to breathe,and take it slow-and we are here for you!!!!!!!!
  • Anterior posterior 360 fusion surgery?
  • It went well,CeeCee,thank you! I am 3 weeks post-op,and I feel better everyday.I take 2 walks a day--I am down to 3-4 hydrocodone a day.I still get very tired very quick,but that is getting better too.I still feel like I have been punched in the stomach and the back,but that will get better.Make sure you have a pillow or something close when you cough or sneeze,because it does hurt. Also I find if I hold a bath towel or my robe or something when I am going to the bathroom it helps with sitting on the potty.I sleep better than I did,but I still get up usually several times a night to walk around a bit. Don't be surprised if you dont sleep well,even with the pain meds.I finally started sleeping on the couch,which is much more comfortable than my bed.Please talk to me about anything!!!before you know it you will be 3 weeks post op too!Jeannie
  • What an extensive surgery you had. I hope you continue to feel better as they get the pain under control. Prayer for you and hope you continue to heal and feel less pain soon. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Glad to hear your pain is under better control. Just like Jeannie said you will be 3 weeks post op before you know it!! Lynette