Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Denied representation by lawyer for ssdi.....

Amanda S YanisAAmanda S Yanis Posts: 124
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Well I guess my title says it all. I got a letter in the mail today and was denied representation. I've already been denied SSDI and denied my appeal also. So I'm at the stage where I need a lawyer to continue. I guess this means my case is not likely to ever be won. I think this will be the end for me in my ssdi. I really could just cry all day. I've already had a very bad week. I went to the ER in pain Wed. night, and they sent me home doing absolutely nothing for me. I did get to see my neuro on Friday, but all he did was order an MRI and put me on Lyrica. I'm just at the end of my rope. I guess I have to go back to work now, and I know I can't handle it. I can't even go to the grocery store by myself, let alone go back to work in one. Being on my feet for 6 hours straight, bagging groceries, all the bending and twisting, and reaching. Why is this happening to me??

• I'm sorry your SSDI was denied for the first time. I'm not in the USA but we have welfare or social services assistance that we could go on if not able to work. I don't know if you have anything like that in The USA? This link to disability forums someone gave me maybe Jeaubert? Not too sure but maybe it may help?
    I wish you all the best to get financial security soon. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    There a quite a few good SS attorney firms. Be sure to look for one that only does SS and see if you can find some additional firms.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • I am so sorry you have to go thru all this. Don't give up, talk to a good disability attorney.

I know how you feel tho, right now my back is so bad I can barely sit up and type this..... and my job is working at a hotel right now cleaning rooms and I cannot do it, I tried for two days (I just started the job last week but I can't do it) and now I have had to miss work, my back got so bad.... I don't know what to do. So I know what you are going thru.

Have you tried Vocational Rehabilitation? Here theu help with finding people jobs, I am hoping that if I get denied SSI again that maybe DVR can help me find some part time job I am able to do....

• I would try and find another lawyer,is this your final appeal? it took me three years,and about 4 lawyers,before i won on my final appeal,hang in there.
  • I sent my info to another "big time" lawyer. Hopefully they will represent me, but if not, then I will have to give up. I'm also considering trying to go back to my job on an as needed basis. Just to try and see if I could handle it or not. Finacially I cannot keep going without some money coming in, so I think this may be my only choice. Although I am convince that I won't be able to handle it, sometimes I wonder if that is just in my head.

Thanks for the help!
  • If you think you are truly disabled, and your medical records support this, don't give up.

It may be that the attorney would have not made any money on your claim; it could be your claim is one of the "types" attorneys generally don't like to handle.

What I am saying is, continue on with your appeal. I am sure that you will find a local attorney who handles nothing but Social Security Disability claims.

Best of luck to you!