Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Big day next week :(

hj_sparks85hhj_sparks85 Posts: 38
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi all,
Have had some great advice from here since being told i need a microdisectomy.
I have been waiting on the NHS since Dec and had a call yesterday to say they are sending me privatly next wednesday.
All my plans are now gone and my work are not very happy at being given such short notice - but al least it should be fixed (I hope)

Right now though I am very anxious - not so much about the op - just afterwards. I have not been told much - Everyone here seems to know what is what - i saw a Dr at the hosp once after an MRI and thats it!
My family are all being very calm and saying I will be up and about in no time, but from my own research, this may not be the case for some time!?!?
I have written down a long list to ask at my Pre-Op on Monday and hope they will be able to reassure me.

Any advice appreciated!

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    Your bound to forget something. And if your anything like me the blood will drain from you head and you'll forget your own name.
    A lot of doctors don't like lists. If they don't, too bad! Your the patient, your the boss. No 2 surgeries will be the same nor will 2 patients. But they have your diagnosis and your general health. So I think they could give you a ballpark.
    Why don't you re post right here on this site what your diagnosis is.Your age and physical condition is And what your questions are.
    There are bound to be many others who have been right where you are. And have already done what you plan on doing. Seems like week days, produce the most amount of answers. So make sure your post stays current.
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • We need a bit more info on the type of surgery you are having, will you have help afterwards, etc. The more you tell us, the better we can help you from our collective experience.