Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

been a while new ?? for any one that can help

cherrybabyccherrybaby Posts: 49
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi everyone it has been a while since I was on here. So I will do a fast summery and then to my ???"S
Ok in may of 2007 I was hurt at work which ended up being a sprained and strained back. Which was the first diagnoses. Then after a few month and many different meds., physical therapy, injections that did not work, being cent to a different doc., MRI's I was then told that i had a bulging disk. So in July of 2008 I had my level one fusion in my L5-S1 with hardware. Of course it took me the three months to heal and be able to fell good again.
I thought that I was doing good for three months. Then I started to have pain again starting about 8 months after I had the surgery the pain came back.
I went to a pain clinic and did more injections. but they were not helping. So course if it being workers comp. we had to have things approved. One of the injections ended up being a spinal tap. So I had decided to do a hardware removal. Which was done in Dec. 2009.
So here we are. I did ok for the first week. I had same-day surgery. so i came home. ended up not being able to take the pain meds that was sent home. So I was not taking more than one loratab a night for it. and about a week later my incision started to leek or what ever you want to call it.
Now I am getting this pain that goes down my left leg.
That is like a charlie horse. With burning too. I also fell like my leg is going to go out from under me. I am going to see the doc on Wen. to see if things are ok.
My ??'s are has any one had this happen to you and what was it. The only time this has happened was right before my first surgery. and I ended up using a cane for about 2 months.
Sorry it is so long to explain in the short version.

• I have had a similar situation ... L5/S1 fusion in August 2008 and hardware removal in December 2009. I also had a seroma leak through my incision - 9 days after surgery.

I occasionally get some pain down a leg with some weakness. It does not last long. I believe in my case this is due to laying on my side for too long, which puts too much pressure on my hip and leg. When this happens, the pain goes away if I lay on my back for at least 30 minutes. It does not happen if I lay on my side for shorter periods of time.

However, I also have a good sized lump right now at the bottom of my incision. I went to my surgeon's office last week for a wound check and they said it was a mass of swollen tissue that should go down on its own. Their feeling is it has been there all the time, but recently "appeared" because of a decrease in swelling in the surrounding area. I also wonder if my occasional leg pain is due to this lump of swollen tissue pressing on something.

Good luck with your appointment. I hope you can get a reasonable explanation for you problem.