Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Information on a "Pain pump"

JohnnyOJJohnnyO Posts: 118
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Chronic Pain
Hey everybody. I have a fusion coming up in about 10 days now. At my pre-op appointment I was told that if the fusion does not help me the next step my surgeon could offer would be a "pain pump." I have not heard much about these, I was told its a device that pumps some kind of medication, usually morphine or dilaudid into an epidural space of the spine I guess. Im not sure how the medication is supposed to work, whether it somehow helps the damaged nerve by being placed directly on it, or if it just has faster access to the brain used that way. Thanks for the info.

• If you type pain pump into the search box at the top of the page, it will bring up numerous posts on the subject. It is commonly discussed in the pain management forum since it is a pain management device.

• If I were you, I would concentrate more on recovery from fusion surgery rather than if it might fail.

Think positive.

• There is also a yahoo group of people with pain pumps that is called Pumpsters

I have a dog that looks just like the one next to your name, aren't they wonderful.

We haven't ever figured out what Mix she is.

People with pain pumps have told me that the problems they have deal with placement, cost of the medication that goes in there.

Last year there was a recall on Pain Pumps 2008/2009 so thereare pros and cons depeding on what you want

Good Luck. BJ
  • There is a lot of good information about pain pumps here. As "C" said just type pain pump im the search box at the top of this page and it will bring up all the comments on pain pumps.
    Best to you and your upcoming surgery.
    Cheers :H
    Patsy W

• Babsie, the dog pictured is a French Bulldog, she died 2 years ago at 11 years old, but I also have another white and black male Frenchie as well which you can barely see in the picture. Your dog maybe has some French Bulldog in it. Theyre a great dog, especially as a companion dog, if you want a best friend, a French Bulldog is a great choice.
This discussion has been closed.