Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

4 Month PO update from TLIF L4/L5

lilac100llilac100 Posts: 180
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I took this directly off my blog so it's in that format. I figured as long as I'm updating the Blog I could update here too. Here goes:

I've been avoiding updating this blog for a reason. The reason is if I write it down it is somehow more real and I don't want to face it yet. I figured I owed it to myself to update this for the future. My back is killing me. I can't sleep, I can't move, I can't sit, I can't do anything without pain. I've been out of pain killers for a while and I don't want to call the doctors office because again, if I say it out loud it is somehow more true.

Ok so I think the biggest problem is my job. My boss's think it is a good idea for me to be bending over for 8-9 hours a day. I asked why and their answer was "well you don't have any restrictions do you?" I have the distinct feeling they are trying to get rid of me. I don't know how long I wll be able to take this abuse. Why are they being total p*****? If they don't let up soon I'm going to have to quit. What is the world coming to when someone that actually is doing their job gets mistreated so?

Ok on to home life. Not so good on that front either. My family isn't understanding that I'm still in pain. I don't know what to say to get them to understand. Guess I'm done for now before I start crying again.

• Pain is so depressing, drags you down and is exhausting. I really think you should call your doctor for some pain medicine to help you through this. Four months is still very early in recovery from surgery. Also, are you taking an antidepressant? Maybe it would help to get you over this hump. I hope you feel better soon.

• Sorry you're still in so much pain. Do call your doctor and get more painkillers.

I'm thinking the same as you, that doing all that bending in your job and having unsympathetic bosses who don't understand is your biggest problem. Can you print out information from this site on the healing process and give it to your bosses and your family. It's hard for them to understand that one doesn't recover anywhere near as quickly from spine surgery as with say soft tissue operations.

Hope you can get your pain under control soon.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008