Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

another assessment with the insurance co. doctor today

tammycttammyc Posts: 894
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:41 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
This time it was with the neurologist. He spent most of his time asking me questions ,only this time he told me what he read in my file and asked me if i agreed and if not what i felt happended. Then he did a physical assessment.I told him that i had numbness going down the front of my legs and pain down the side.so when he did his physical assessment he went up and down the sides of my legs asking me if i could his hand.lol /:) i don't think he was listening to me. then he asked me to hold my arms straigth out front and he put his hands on top of mine and told me to not let him push them down.He barely touched my hands and told me that my muscle strength seemed good. Where do they get these doctors from :W It looked like he should have been retired.I just shake my head at all of it.I have another assessment tomorrow at the same place with a surgeon,its out of town and of course the insurance co. couldn't get both assessments on the same day,that would be too difficult.
advertisement

Comments

• Tammy,

Sorry that you are going through this BS. I hope all goes well for you.

Hugs :)

Julie
  • your right thats exactly what this is.Everyone is so interested in the money aspect that they forgot that i'm in pain and need some sort of treatment to help me get better. :W
  • I had my last assessment today for the insurance co. It was with the orthopedic surgeon.It was supposed to be a two hour assessment but it ended up being four hours.It will be interesting to read what this one has to say about me.The nurse was in the room while he was examining me and she started to say something to me about me being right about something during a test he was doing and he shushed her.He kept telling me that he didn't want to go week by week since my accident but then he kept asking me in depth questions so the interview ended up being very long.Instead of just finding out what happened since the car accident he went back six years before my surgery.I think he now has so much information that he may be totally confused and overwhelmed. I don't think that he could possibly make a decision on why my back is the way it is on the information that he has in my file.I had to give him a copy of my last two mri's to look at because the insurance co. failed to provide him with them. How accurate can he be when he doesn't have all the information. I'm sure most of the things that he's asked me today won't even reach the report that he will submit.It will be interesting to see what he comes up with.
  • Patience GrassHopper :)

Wow 4 hours. Yikes.

• :))( :))( wow haven't heard that phrase for a long time. i know i'm not a very patient person especially when it comes to my health.I guess its because i had to wait so long the first time round now i'm so worried about the same things happening to me this time that i don't want to wait even for a min. I don't want more nerve damage,and i definitely don't want to end up using my cane again just because the doctors don't want to move very fast.
  • I had one last week. 10 days after surgery they send me for a neuro surgeon IME. Doc asked me why I was there so soon after surgery.

This guy was a great actor. Did all the usual tests. THen takes me into his office so he can dictate his report. Asks me questions as he is dictating. I can't wait to see if he added to the report after I left.

Was there a point to this? I already had surgery and I was going back to work way early. More insurance money down the drain.
  • was your rotator cuff injury from the car accident or were you having trouble there before? i just ask because all the time i had neck problems and pain going down my arm my shoulder never really had the pain in it that it does now after my accident.I'm just wondering if it was caused from the seat belt holding me so tight
  • With the exception of arthritis like stiffness in my right knee from a prior surgery, I was healthy before the accident. I was driving with my seatbelt on and all of my problems are on my right side. My daughter was in the passenger seat and her pains are on the left side. I blame the three point design that held in the outside part of my body and let the inside move and take the shock.

If you think about it the force has to go somewhere. My foot was firmly on the brake and my Tahoe didnt move. The van was an extended econoline van probably loaded with material(looked like a work van) and he was doing around 40 and never slowed down. So where did the energy go? My neck, shoulder and knee took the force.

I sometimes wonder if a full harness would have been better. Of course I don't think that would ever catch on and it still leaves the problem of the force going somewhere. I heard recently that one of the car companies was working on a new idea that would make a part of the car that would absorb the energy causing less damage to the car and passenger.
  • i've had problems with my right arm,elbow and shoulder just out of the blew .After the accident my right knee really hurt for about a week then felt better but its been off and on since.Some days it gives me alot of pain and other days not at all. My hips and ribs i think got the worst of it. they hurt all the time no matter what.My neck got really stick again after the accident,lost range of motion that i had to get back but never had a headache before the accident and now i get them quite often.My massage therapist can relax my neck muscles but they always stiffen back up,but not as bad as the rest of me.Doesn't seem fair ,i wasn't doing anything wrong just sitting there waiting for the light to change.NOw i have on going problems and she took off and now got blamed for the accident.I'm not a nasty person but i really hope she didn't leave this accident scott free. I hope she's getting her do's.
  • when i got out of my car to look at the damage the kid was trying to tell me that there was no damage and not to call the police. I said no way and called. THank God that I did. There wasn't anything visible at a quick glance and I was so in shock that I just felt a dullish pain down my right side. Well it was $8,000 to fix my car and god only knows what the insurance company has paid for doctors, mris and now two surgeries.

I was lucky that he had very good insurance and my lawyer thinks he can get the max on his coverage some day. That will be nice but now I have a lifetime of aches and pains and who knows what will happen years down the road.
  • Tammy your are going thru so much BS with the insurance doctors, just try to hand in there!

ilene
    Ilene
  • kris i've thought of that as well.If i feel like this now how am i going to feel in ten or fifteen years from now.I"m really hoping that this doctor that i'm going to see can help me out.

Ilene,
    Yes i am,i'm affraid to read the next two reports.They should be coming in soon.Even though i'm glad that the assessments are all over i hate to read the reports. I know that the last doctor that assessed me isn't going to have a very nice repoort he was definitely on the insurance co. side.But whatever i know how i felt before the accident and how i feel now.They can say its all pre accident stuff all they want i know that it isn't.Once my lawyer gets his turn things will change.I have to stop worrying so much about that now and try and find someone who will help me get better.
advertisement