Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

4/5 & 5/6 ACDF next week! ROI-C on me

linnryllinnry Posts: 34
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi friends, well I got to the neuro for my follow-up after my discogram. Doc said that indeed my pain was reproduced with the discogram on the C 4/5 and 5/6 disks. I am having a double ACDF and he talked with us in depth and said that this new LDR ROI-C was the way to go. Evidently it has yielded very good results for him and his patients and this doctor spoke very well of it. I am really excited and so glad that surgery now for me is just around the corner. The pain in the past 2 weeks has been unbearable. He said that I stay the night and can go home the next morning. I am going to now need to do some searches and find out how to best get ready for things here at home after my surgery. My husband will be taking me to the hospital and bringing me home. He needs to get back to work after that but I am convinced I will be fine. The doc said I will be wearing a collar for 7 days. Is this the norm with this type of surgery? Lets see, oh yes, he did bring up ADR but said that since I have neck pain as well as arm pain that it would not be feasible to do the ADR. More later friends and thanks for all of your support :)