Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone go do inpatient PT in the hospital?

mom2boys3mmom2boys3 Posts: 34
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi all, curious to see if anyone you did any inpatient pysical therapy in the hospital. Not the few times they see you after surgery, but actually moving to the PT floor and staying extra time there for PT only?

• SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    I've seen this when they kind of refer to it as post-op rehab. The person doesn't need the level of nursing care needed on the floor, but isn't yet deemed able to go home. Is this something they have planned for you?
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • I did this for a few days. It was a good way to get the PT started, with 3 full hours every day. I worked with both physical therapists and occupational therapists. It was dang hard, but they were very patient and kept encouraging and pushing. I was also taught how to take care of myself.

If you are going to do this, be sure to ask lots of questions. They will evaluate to see how much you can do, and teach you what comes next. They are trained to take good care of you. These spinal rehab therapy places work with people from all stages of paralysis to just people newly out of surgery. It was a great motivator for me to see people much worse off than I who were giving every ounce of energy they had to try to move a foot or squeeze a ball. Very motivating!
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,837
    With those situations and how long your hospital stay is suppose to be, you might start off with inpatient
    physical therapy.

I've had that once or twice. The therapists thee were always good
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Not me. When I was still in hospital, the last two days of my eight day stay I was visited by two ladies from the PT dep't. They got me a walker and we'd walk down to the hall to the nurse's station and back to the room. Other than that, not so much.

I really wish they'd done more with me or given me more instruction on what I could or could not do. After your procedure, please ask many questions and see what post op PT they'll let you do. I didn't, and I'm regretting that now.

Hope you're doing well,