Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The ESI is Actually WORKING!

LumpyLLumpy Posts: 103
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I don't know how long it will last, but I will take every day I can get. Today was the first day in months that I was almost completely pain and symptom free all day! I can't believe what a differance it makes in everything, my attitude, my energy, etc., etc.

Of course, it probably won't last. I'm not sure how long it will be before it looses its effectiveness. It has been about a week since I had the ESI @ C6C7. I am scheduled to have up to 3. I hope it will be just enough relief to get me through PT and keep me away from surgery.

Mine is intermittent pain in the neck with nerve pain down the arms. I honestly don't know how you guys who are in constant pain do it. Hats off to you all.

• I am glad it is working for you (even if it's only for a little while).

• I know someone that did just what you suggest. She and I were having lumbar problems at the same time and used to compare symptoms.

She got some results from the first shot, and then the second one did the trick...she never had to have the third shot and her symptoms resolved and have stayed away.

So we'll keep our fingers crossed that your situation will turn out the same way.

The point of the ESI is to get the patient to the point where they can withstand PT and then the body will continue to heal on its own. It's great when it works!
  • When I first started having neck pain many years ago I had a series of 3 shots and they lasted for about 3 years so they can work and you can get relief. Although I did eventually have to have surgery when the shots no longer worked. But take one pain free day at a time....Good luck
  • :)

I'm so glad the ESI is working!!!!! Oh my...it does make a big difference when you're not in pain doesn't it?????

I'm so happy for you and glad to read a good report!!!!!

• Well, we shall see ......

I hope I can string several days together. You know, sometimes you really don't know how bad you felt until you feel better.

Thanks for your posts, all.
  • Great news. I also had ESI treatment in early 2005. A series of three, 1 every 2 weeks. Results were fantastic. Virtually pain free til late 2008. Repeated in 2009 without benefit. Hope your pain-free days last as long as mine did originally.
  • Well, a couple of good months from my ESI series, but the pain is coming back. On the bright side: So far it is less than before. And I did get some of the best days I have had in months. What's next doctor? More tests....