Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

mri report

Lela1122LLela1122 Posts: 119
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Okay here we go, my mri report came in, here are the findings,
C2-3 disc margin intact diameter 10.5
C3-4 posterior disc-osteophyte slightly effacing the ventral cord with canal diameter 8mm
C4-5 moderate marked disc narrowing with mild disc-osteophyte touching the cord, contributing to mild canal stenosis. there is moderate right minimal left foraminal stenosis, possibly impinging thr thr right C5 nerve root
C5-6 mild posterior disc buge touching but not deforming the cord diameter 9mm
C6-7 the canal is borderline narrow with minimal disc bulge
C7-T1 canal borderline narrow

I am going for emg tomorrow and neuro gave me ultram for the pain, any insights? thanks Lela

• What does your doctor say? I hope the pain meds kick in and you feel better. Good luck!
  • I'm not a doc, but your C4/5 sounds very bad...the nerve root part at C5 is your arm pain part. The EMG should show up to match the MRI report too. Good Luck with the test. It made my arm pain a little more "alive" when they touched certain spots for the nerve test. like a funny bone tingling. I would jump, cause it was strong.

Ultram didn't work so well for me. Made me nauseous and I didn't sleep good...but others have said it made them sleepy...so I guess it affects differently. It's not a narcotic but acts like a light pain killer. Maybe it will help you enough to get you through the test, but if your pain gets increased or you don't feel much from it, tell you doctor it isn't working. I was taking Lortab 7.5, but even that didn't touch the arm pain from a compressed nerve root that I had at C4/5/6. Good luck, post more after your test and trying the Ultram.
  • Anyone have these? Vertebral hemangiomas, scattered along cervical cord
  • I think hemangiomas can be benign (at least my dogs was) and usually grow from blood vessels.

I think if they get big they might cause some pain, Definately ask your MD about it.