Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

9 DaysPost Operation(ACDF C4-5)

mcb1973mmcb1973 Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hello all..

This is my first post, just 9 days out of surgery and have a couple of questions....

Did many experience the pain that is between shoulder blades and neck, sort of radiates to lowe head, almost headache?

My Neurosugeon advised soft collar when in car... is this the new trend or is it on a case by case scenario?

• Hi Mike,

First let me say welcome to spine-health. Have a look around and you will find many going through or whom have gone through what you are currently. Good to hear your all past the surgery and have that all behind you now. I have had the surgery and am I 3 level myself and more than the surgical pain was the muscle spasms themself. They have you in such a awkward position during surgery that lots of stress is placed on the shoulders. As far as the collars go everyone has a different experience in using them. But whatever you do just follow your surgeon's orders. Recover can take sometime so didn't get alarmed if you feel some hurdles now and then but if they seem serious by all means call your surgeon.

Just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health. If there is anything I can do don't hesitate to pm me. Take care and look forward to reading more of your post.
  • Hey Mike,welcome to SpineHealth,I've had 3 cerical fusions.The first surgery I wore a soft collar,second a hard collar and the third no collar,so I suppose it just depends on the surgeon that does it.Good luck with your recovery.If its anything I can do for you let me know. Mark
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Welcome to Spine-Health. I'm sure you'll get a lot of info from others here who have had the same surgery.
    I wish you the best of luck with your recovery. Please let us know how you're doing.