Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain clinics

nancynnancy Posts: 38
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Chronic Pain
HI! Hoping all of you will have a good day today. After numerous test,so on so on. It was decided that I was on too many meds, that I was depressed(Oh what a surprise) that I should go to a pain clinic. There is one close to me 20 miles away. My insurance co. has been very helpful. But I have been out of work two years now. I use to do home care which of course I cannot do any more. Anyway one more point before I carry on. Can you tell I am a natural blonde. I got hit my a lady this week on one of those mortorized scooters. I fell to my left side and luckily I had brace on for my healing broken wrist. Now to the point. I checked ony own about the pain clinic near me . To get a assesment, it costs $2000, they recommend a six week program at $350. a day. I had a good laugh after that thinking about the insurers reponse to that. Needless I have been in alot of pain since knocked down. I think I should get it x-rayed. Has anyone been to one of these clinics and how did it help you. Just curious. Thankyou for time. Nancy

• Dear paulga, thankyou for responding. I live in Canada so things may be different. To get in for an assesment it costs $2000. Then after they decide what program to put you in, it cost $350. a day. My insurance already me through several tests and because of the MAJOR expense, I am 100% sure they will not cover me. I am just totally exhausted from all this but thankyou so much. Nancy
  • I sent you a PM. I'm not sure if any of these are close to you but hope they help. I can't imagine paying so much for a PM Clinic. Even my Insurace cover basic PT services but in a hospital PT Center the amount is covered by Provincial Healthcare. I'm also getting Government home care (CCAC) to come in and assess me and I wonder if that may help you also. I'm sorry to hear about your fall this week and you have a broken wrist. I hope you heal from that soon. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Nancy,
    I went to a 4 week residential PM program and that overall cost seems about right, mine was at the end of all the invasive treatment that I had and for the most part none invasive, the shots, epidurals and surgery was already done prior to going. More recently the sooner PM is used the less the ability for all the behavior and traits to develop that could restrict us so much and although here in the UK we do not pay individually it was the best thing I ever did.

Much academic research has been written on the benefits and failing of PM clinic approach and you need to equate what benefit this may have on your situation.

Post again with any questions and we will all try to help and good luck, are you sure they will not pay, it may sound expensive and would be good value to you and your future.

Take care John
  • Interesting, I haven't heard of residential PM clinics here in the US. What sorts of treatments do they offer?
This discussion has been closed.