Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

is there a light?

tattoodglenttattoodglen Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:41 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Is there a ligh at the end of the tunnel?

I posted befor my history, as i am somewhat new tho the world of chronic pain and spine injuries. I was not 100% clear on what the actual diagnosis was for my back, i knew there were herniated disks and an old fracture that noone ever knew about, but today at the dr's office i got the answers i have been looking for. You see as i posted before also, i am fighting a work comp case and they don't want to pay, my employer paid my health insurance premiums for the month of January even though i have been off work since 12/14/2009. I got a letter in the mail from my employer that they have cancelled my insurance, effective today, 02/01/2010, and that i owe the $300 which would have been my part for the Jan. insurance if i had been working. I did not pay it because they told me i didn't need to worry about it, and now, with no income, i am axpected to come up with that money plus the money to pay for the Cobra insurance, which i don't have any paperwork on yet, but i know from past experience that it is horribly expensive.
All of this said for nothing i guess, but back to the answers i've been looking for. My dr. sent a letter explaining my injuries to the caseworker for my work comp and it according to that letter, i have a wedge shaped vertebra at T-8, he says a compression fracture, probably old. Also, T5-6, T6-7, T7-8, T8-9, T9-10, T10-11, T11-12, and T12-L1 all appear to have endplate changes and dark bulging disks. there is also increased kyphosis and dark bulging disks at L4-5 and L5-S1. So, there it is, a laundry list of damage that no one wants to pay for and in the meantime, i am in horrible pain and can't do anything about it.
thanks for listening, and as always, comments and advice are welcome...
Tattoo
advertisement

Comments

• The light in the tunnel is the one you carry. Youve got to stay positive and brave coz its a roller coaster ride. keep fighting for your rights, seek the resources available to ya, w/c may have an ombudsman in the area to hear your concerns. voice yourself, you have one, and its important.
    good luck to you, been fighting w/c for years, they will try to wear you thin, but your not made that way, your stronger and more determined to win, so go fight fight fight!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Did you leave your work because of an injury at work? I guess if you had a WC case. I had/have to pay a monthly fee to my work also retro I had to pay back also. But for them to say you owe it after they said they would give it to you is just not right. I hope you have a good lawyer. Did you have a Union where you worked if so they could help you. It's unfortunate you didn't have long term disability at work. I had a choice and opted for LTD as it would be more difficult with WC. Please follow up with social service assistance in the meantime if you have no income. With no income you can qualify for legal aid to help with legal expenses and medicare if you're on social services but I don't live in the USA and not sure if it's any different than here. If your case is won on WC or disability you may have to pay back social assistance if there's retro moniesI hope you don't give up fight fight like Ranchhand says and I hope you get the money you deserve too. Take care. Charry

A good Disability site is http://www.disabilityinsuranceforums.com/
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN