Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

back to work today - ouch

Kris-NYKKris-NY Posts: 2,207
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Well I went back three weeks after surgery. I didn't move around enough because I got so buried in emails so I am alittle sore. I am very glad that I did go back I just have to remember to take some walks around the building.

So tonite the heating pad will be my best friend and tomorrow night is PT - yeah!!

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    Take it slow. And it sounds like you need to soak in a bath!
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • Back with all the "normals". Glad you made it through. I too have a special relationship w/ my heating pad. Sometimes I see it glaring at my wife. I love them both but the pad has no idea how dirty my wife fights(I wouldn't warn her cause I want a new pad). I know eventually there will be a fight, and maybe I can finally get one of those cool space-age new fanged pads !(oh crap what if the pad wins)I've been married so long I don't think I can do anything except pass gas and cut grass.

But like for real, way to go. I am jealous as I cannot soak in a bath yet. But if I had to go to work to do that I would rather stink. It has not gotten to the smell of my shoulder surgery, but I am remembering those summer tours w/ the GD. Funny enough my wife hates hippies so I am gonna put some patchouli on so maybe I can get a sponge bath, since she hates that smell.
    Hope the humor helped!

- norm the stinky factory rat
  • THat's so funny. I knew a family years ago who used to travel all over the country to go to concerts. I swear they worked to travel!!

I broke the rules on showering the day after surgery. Since I had a plastic bandage the incision didn't get wet. The second day we changed the bandage. I found the same type of bandage in CVS. About $6 each. At 4 days the incision was closed so I took off the bandage and never looked back. I figure water can't hurt and it didn't. I can't go a day without a shower.

First week at work wasn't too bad. Muscle cramps in my back were maybe a 3-4 but the pain reminds me I'm alive. I spend my day at a desk and forget to move around. I am lucky that I can do almost anything I want to and my boss is just happy I am back.

You sound much better now. Each day is one more away from surgery. Try to think of something different to do this weekend. Ask your wife to take a shower with you!! She can wash your back and you can wash hers!!
  • Kris I am so happy that you are back at work. Please try to take it slow so you! My best wishes are with you!