Well, this is only post number 2 but I joined for a very specific reason and those are to get some advice.
I am 30 years old and used to be relatively active. I was a high school wrestler with collegiate potential. I instead chose to join the military.
During my youth (not that I am old by any means) I had an accident where I slid on black ice and into a tree in my mothers van. I was fine and never went to the doctor or hospital. I wasn't wearing a seatblet and litterally bent the steering wheel in the direction the impact threw me.
Aside from that, I never had any serious incidents and that one didn't even faze me. I wasn't even sore afterwards.
Here is where my dilema begins......
Over the past couple of years I have noticed random pains that have progressively gotten worse. They started off relatively light and came and went with the wind.
I mentioned them on occassion to my primary doc and many times I couldn't specificaly say I get this pain when I do this or even that I get random pains "right here." Many time I forget myself to even mention them.
Well, in 2000 I began having severe back pains that would have me up all night stretching to relieve them. I went to one chiropractor who told me it was one thing and I needed this one treatment and then to another after that didn't work. Each time I was told something different. I litterally went to 5 different doctors/chiropractors and got 5 different diagnosis. Eventually I became known as a "drug seeker" and I couldn't get into a new doc.
Please note: I WAS NOT NOR AM I LOOKING FOR NARCOTICS
On Christmas Eve of 04 I wound up in the ER. I sat in the ER for 8 hours with out being seen by a doc. By this time the pain had subsided and I walked out.
Almost a year later to the day I was back in the ER. This time I was sent home after a few hours and was asked to return if it got worse. I was back in the next day and 4 days later I was having my gall bladder removed. Since then, the back issues had disapated..... My current doc, some one since 03, was the one to thank!
I am sorry for the long winded post but I want to be as thourogh as possible.....
Since August, I have been experiencing random pains and some rather consistent pains. I am afraid to tell my doctor for several reasons. Mainly because men are supposed to be men and work hard which I do and the last thing I need is someone telling me I can't work...... So, here is a list of my issues.
1. Right elbow:
- Sharp pain in the crevice of the elbow if that makes sense. It is the worst when I extend it or move my right hand from side to side with my palm paralell to the ground. This one has been constant since August and is worse after I have been working on my quad. Sometimes it's so bad I can't straighten my arm.
- Knees: Laying on my side causes my knees to hurt severely. Walking or standing causes severe achiness. Sometimes when I am sitting with them extended sometimes I feel like my tendons are tearing and I get a burning sensation.
- Ankles: These aren't too bad but standing or walking causes severe achiness.
- Hips: Occassional sharp pains and achiness
- Shoulders: I did not mention this above because I forgot (much like I do at the docs office) but I have had 2 shoulder surgeries on my left shoulder. The first was ffor a torn rotator cuff and second for a torn tendon. Now both shoulders hurt occassionally (right just as bad as left)
- Fingers: Sometimes they are fine and others they feel like they are locking up on me.
3. Upper torso:
- I constently have severe flank pain on both sides. Nothing specificaly triggers it and can happen while laying or sitting.
- Random chest pains and pains behind my shoulder blades. Mainly under the left shoulder blade and in the muscle to the left of my spine.
- Turning my head to the left causes sharp pains in the muscles and tightness
- Constantly feel the need to "pop" my neck
- Occassional headaches but nothing major
I am sure I forgotten something but that is how it is.... A lot of time it is a random pain that may last 30 seconds or 30 minutes.
What prompted me to register with this board is something that has happened over the last couple of days.
The other day I was driving home and got a sharp pain in my right leg that started on the top of my shin and radiated to the right side of my calf. It lasted about 10 minutes.
Tonight I was sitting on the couch and started experiencing a throbbing pain on the inside of my left thigh. It lasted about 3 minutes and then gone.
Right now I am getting a shooting pain just above my left knee on the inside my leg.....
I feel like I am 90 years old and starting to get scared. I don't want any medication, just to go away. I am afraid if I say something I will be told get test after test run and rack up a ton of medical debt that I can't pay. Fortunately I have decent insurance but I don't want to stack it up!
Any suggestions or ideas? I will try anything!!!!
Once again, thank you!