Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

azemem01aazemem01 Posts: 15
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Chronic Pain
What I week I had. SAturday before last, was in terrible pain. 15mg oxy ir working for about 2 hour max. Oxycodone 30mg er working as minimal as I believe it could. All the time. This had been going on for over 2- almost 3 weeks. Well SAt before last pain was so bad my BP was 226/110 and took again few min later same 219/116 and so on. Went to ER cause I could feel my heart beat on my temples and throat. ER asked me to sign in and have a seat,bout 25 min later thye called me back to take vitals and read my reason for visit. Needles to say they saw my BP readings and took me back right away. Well after being asked what I take. ? comes up. "Sir have you done any cocaine tonight cause it will come up on our drug screen." I said take care of my pain and Bp please. I was put on IV blood was taken out every so often. Dr. on ER came in said we will keep you overnit to get Bp under control. No mention of my back. I mentioned this a recurring cycle. PAin shoots up, Bp shoots up. Well next day Sunday, still more bloodwork, DOc say we going to do stress test. Check to see if your heart had any damage. And will order MRI and see whats going on. Well all day Sun no action just blood work. Mon was taked to Nuclear Meds to see heart stress test. Also Went to mri. I was actually shocked in MRI machine, Have any of you ever felt that. Tech tried 3 diferant times and all 3 x's I was shoked so they stopped that. Tues DOc comes in tells me he is sending a cardiologist cause stres test came back positive. Left side of heart not working. correctly. That night Cardio doc says I need an angio procedure to unblock.
Thought bout it for about 2 hours then agreed to. In mean time was sent back down for second attempt for MRI. this time no issues. Wednesday had angio performed, recouped well. ANd then docs says I need to see neurosergeon. I have massive D.D.D. and arthritis. No disc at L-1-2 L2-3 L3-4 and at L2 Level my stenosis is pressing completly at my nerve which could explain so much pain, Since had angio that day would not be able to perform surgery at this time. Would have to wait for out patiant consult. Was discharged THursday afternoon. WHat made me mad was when neuro doc came in my roem. HE came in with his mind made up about me wothout had talked to me yet. He said narcotics would kill me. That they killed! But wait before he got to that comment, his words when he walked in my room were. YOUr BacK IS TERRIBLE, BACK OF A 70 year old man and im 34. THen he proceeded with I need to find other ways. NArcs would kill me all though Pain so severe cause Bp to shoot thru roof. When he said that it completly turned me off and besides he said nothing I hadnt heard before. So now they got me on more meds and strrong BP meds as well to keep that controlled. SOrry needed to vent and see if Im crazy or is this surgeon a well you decide.

• You're not crazy, if you ask, "am I crazy" it usually means your not!:D

You will run into doctor after doctor who will do that, tell you how bad you are, then say, "painkillers/narcotics will kill you, don't take them".

Read through some of the posts here it is a recurring theme. I was told the same thing when they could not find out what was wrong with my shoulder. Months later they did an mri and found the bone was dead on the top of the humerous, what's the doctor say, "no wonder you were in pain"...

I'd either see this surgeon or whom ever he recommends till they come up with a treatment plan. Then get a second or third opinion. Look for a doctor that you are comfortable with. They are out there. It sounds like you already have the pain side of things being treated, I'd suggest you not lose that connection as sometimes getting proper treatment for pain can be very, very hard to come by.
This discussion has been closed.