Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cryropracter or not

john 40jjohn 40 Posts: 190
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I have been thinking about going to have my cryropracter take a crack at my back
Its been 6 months since my micro –d surgery . feels like it needs to pop
Still having low back & leg pain not as bad as before surg but now feel like I am
Stuck on a rollercoaster have 1 to 3 pain all the time and tight pinching in low back
If I do not do to much and take a couple walks don’t drive any wear or sit to long or pick up any thing or twist . if I drive or sit more than 30 min or bend or squat I get muscle spaz and stun gun down leg surg-doc say its normal my back muscles are jist week and the nerve is waking up and I can do what ever I feel I can jist don’t over do it
Gp-doc say keep goin to pt and don’t over do it and may be time to start thinking
About changing job to something that does not make the back mad .the teck that did my mri said the same thing 10 months ago what’s up with that
Am I jist getting in a hurry ? I no I am tired of hearing “it normal”
The serg-doc will not do mri I can stand on my toes and jump around like a chicken so it has to be all right “its normal” the gp-doc no mri in tell the pt doc say its not getting better
Today I was feeling pretty good I removed the carburetor from my truck to rebuild it
O boy 20 min into that project carb off back over done its going to be fun to put that back on when I can get vertical again maybe I can get the kids to do it . ok done rambling
Any thoughts on the cryropracter let me know thanks
:''( :''(

• I hate that Dr.s think that your just fine and not in pain because you can still stand on your toes.
    My surgeon is not a chriropractic fan and says absolutly not especially after surgery.
  • I never liked chiropractors. I know some people swear by them but I don't Especially after surgery I don't think it's a good idea. I always remember my mothers saying not to crack my knuckles or I would get arthritis.

Maybe you need a different PT. Have they been increasing your routine? If it doesn't push you a little each time it isn't doing much of anything.
  • I don't like chiropractors either. And 6 months after surgery... isn't that still kinda early in the healing process to be messing around with your spine? Maybe you should seen a pain management doctor.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
    many Neurosurgeons or Orthopedic doctors that once a patient has disc problems and/or a spinal surgery, would suggest going to a chiropractor.

Leave the body manipulations behind, thats something for someone who already does not have a bad that is impacted by nerves and discs
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I think they do more harm than anything.
    Be careful with those mofos.
    On the sunny and mild Central Coast of California

L4-L5 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy June, 2007
    L5-S1 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy May, 2008