Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Today is my 3 month TLIF anniversary.

noseovertailnnoseovertail Posts: 387
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I just looked at the calendar and realized that today is 3 months. Holy crap! I can't believe it's been that long.

My surgeon switched my pain meds around on me. He wants me off the Percocet (even though I have been working with my pain management doctor on getting off of it slowly) and he told me to take Celebrex instead. Today is my 2nd day on the Celebrex and I am not liking it one bit!! My back is now hurting, aching and just feeling really sore. It hurts!

I am winding down on physical therapy as well. Partially due to my insurance only approving a set amount of visits, and partially because my therapist thinks I'm doing very well and can do a lot of it at home. So I'll be going 2x a week for a couple of weeks and then 1x a week. To be honest, not seeing him a lot is scary to me.. it means I'm almost all on my own!

In addition to being more physically active, I've been reading lots of books lately. I've had to go to the hospital with my dad for some of his procedures (for those of you who didn't see my other post my father has been diagnosed with bladder cancer) causing me to sit/stand for hours at a time. It was worth it to be there for my dad but it took it's toll on me for a couple of days afterward each time.

So that's it I think. I just wanted to post a little update saying where I'm at in recovery because I know there were some others who had surgery right around the same time as me. I hope you guys & gals are doing well!

• congrats on your 3 month mark!I remember after my first fusion I was afraid to move for a long time.There are so many rights and wrongs to learn!Keep us posted-I would like to know how the Celebrex works for you-I noticed several spineys take it,and I wonder about it for me.Again,congratulations!
  • Just think. In three more months, Spring will arrive in the Chicago area and you can finally walk outside!!

I was wondering about the Celebrex, when I saw on another of your posts that you were being switched to it. It is a good drug to help with inflammation, but in terms of pain relief, I never found it did much. I've never taken a big dosage of it, but wouldn't want to either due to the danger of kidney damage. But, I have been taking it for about five years and I can tell when I do not take it for awhile...but it doesn't do much for pain relief other than taking a couple aspirin.

Please be careful when you are sitting around the hospital. Remember to walk around and do not sit too long. I pretty much wrecked the surgery I had last Jan. hanging around a hospital. I swear, there is not a well-designed chair in the entire building.

Are you walking outside now? Walking remains your best exercise. It's still cold, but if you really bundle up and can find a clear stretch of pavement, it isn't too bad.

Take good care,