Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

questions about nerve impingement and dizziness...

autumnjoyaautumnjoy Posts: 55
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:41 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
i recently found out i have disc bulges at C4-C8 and moderate bilateral neural foraminal narrowing at all levels. DDD was also noted on the report.

my fingertips (mostly the pinky, ring and middle finger) have been constantly numb for over 2 months, and the numbness sometimes goes into all my fingers and up my arm.

i also have alot of pain (muscle tension pain, shooting pains and achiness).

i'm wondering if this numbness will ever go away, or is it likely permanant?

another question is... i've been having alot of dizziness. especially when i go to lie down, i feel like i am falling. also sometimes when i stop walking, or stop in my car, i feel like i am still moving. could this be from my neck issues?

i have also noticed when i am carrying things in my hands, i feel like i am going to drop them, like my grip lessens, or feels unsteady.

i go to my doctor tomorrow, but i would really like to hear personal experiences from others.

thankyou very much.
advertisement

Comments

• THis is a great place to learn and share. Please remember that these are the experiences of other people and not medical advice.

Sounds like you had the MRI but haven't spoken to your doctor. Most treatment plans are based on a combination of test results and what you are feeling. Some poeple have very bad problems but no symptoms so the doctor will say to wait. Some will show very little in problems but have alot of pain and the doc may suggest treatments.

It is very important to keep a log of what you are feeling, time of day, and what you are doing when you feel these things. Take that to the doctor so you can tell him exactly what you are experiencing. He will tell you what to do. If you are not comfortable or he suggests something serious like surgery please get a second opinion.

Good luck and keep posting.