Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Is your CP caused by your DX?? Says who?

edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Chronic Pain
I have been on here many times. Lots have helped me. But I never really intro myself. And I have a short story to tell if you have a min. of time.
At age 37 with wife and 3 year old I was DX with Post lam. Syndrome. This came after two L5S1 Micro D surgeries from Sciatica pain in right leg that never left.
I have battled mental issues about cont. pain meds. and depression from cont. pain.
Prior to my back surgeries and back DX I was not in good shape either. I had many doc's who DX'd me with Osteo and Fibro because of severe muscle and joint pain thru entire body.
Well, after finding a true PM one that didn't just force meds he informed me I shouldn't have the pain or problems/DX's other doc's have said. I said I can see about the Oesto! I mean who has Oesto in entire body at my age.
I asked why he thought? He told me although I came to him for my back pain he continued to chart my other pains based on my complaints every visit. He said a strange thing would happen after giving me dos packs and shots. He felt instead of decreased pain I would end up with elevated pain through out body. Which generally wouldn't happen.
After thinking about it I agreed.
Anyway, he ordered a test called CD57! For those that don't know it's a test used to DX Lymes desease. I said why would he think I had such a thing? He said well you have the pain symtoms of Lymes but most of all steriods supress the immune system and lymes feeds off that thus causing you more pain.
Bingo! I was tested by a LLMD and sure enough that is my true problem. MY daily chronic pain has been caused by Lymes desease!
The story here is if you feel in your heart doc's are not getting it correct move on! Don't settle! I lived through 4 years of hell! I might even of had unnessary surgeries, because Lymes can mimic sciatic pain.
But I hope now I'm on a road to recovery working with the correct doctors to treat my true cause. Maybe my back cannot be fixed because of perm. nerve damage I have now suffered. But atleast many of my daily body pains will be explained and hopefully minimized.
Thanks for your time!

• Hi DDDBack,

What is the new treatment plan for you?

This is amazing to hear...

I am happy you found a doctor who paid close attention to your symptoms and charted your reaction to the prescribed medications. You must feel so relieved!

Thank you for sharing this story. It's really an eye-opener and could happen with any of our family members or friends, too. Good information to pass on to our loved ones.

Best wishes to you,

• I agree with -dddback Its your body find a dr. that willing to help.Iam so happy to find mine

Hoping you all to be pain free

This discussion has been closed.