Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I made it

SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
was supposed to have surgery at 8am. they ordered the wrong nerve monitoring device so surgery was at12. ended at 8 pm. he ended up doing a modified 360

not comfortable to type. massive pain. pain mgmt team coming in to see me soon.

maybe will post again in a few days.
2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 

• the next couple of weeks will be the worst, hang in there, make sure they get your pain under control, and discharge you with enough to keep it under control.
    Welcome to "the other side" post when you can we are here to support you even when you cant post.
    God bless and keep you... healing.
  • Hey AZ..Welcome to the 'post op' days!! I know you feel super bad right now, but that will gradually pass. Just rest. Glad you're back!

• hope you feel better soon.
  • and getting some rest! Talk to us when you can. :)

• Glad to hear you are done!! Hope your pain is under control soon. Keep us posted. What's a modified 360? Lynette
  • Glad to see you came thru surgery well. Hope that they manage your pain acceptably.

Thinking and prayer for you,

• .. now you just need to rest and recover. Great that you have been able to post so quickly.
    Hope they manage to get you comfortable very soon and that your healing goes very smoothly.

Happy healing!
  • Glad to hear it's over. Just rest and heal and hope you're feeling less pain. Take care and a prayer for you. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Az, great to hear you are back with us. Focus on inner strength and healing. Rest as much as you can, lots went on with this surgery - your body and mind can now heal. *HUG*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I'll be thinking of you and sending happy healing thoughts - that's a HUGE fusion, so don't try to be brave, you have that pain mngmnt team for a reason!

Soft hugs
  • I am sending as much positive energy as I possibly can. Continuous prayer coming your way. Hang in there.

Focus Focus Focus

• Despite your pain, you are now over the scary hump.
    Don't let them release you until your pain is under control.
    Rest up!
  • You're going to be my role model. I'm having the same surgery on 2 March...but just from the back...unless I wake up with a big surprise.

As you well know, the first couple days are the worst...and then you'll be on your way.

Wishing you an uneventful recovery.

• I am glad to see you were even able to post. I am sending good thoughts and vibes your way. Rest while you can and keep hitting the little button.

Hugs easily,
  • A 360 is a nickname for a fusion that is done from the back (posterior) and from the front (anterior). It is literally comparable to having two surgeries. They usually go in from the front first, complete that surgery, flip the patient over and then go in from the back. It is a way to make sure the spine is stabilized. Sometimes it is done over a couple days, but often it is all done with the same anesthesia.

You'll have to wait for Spine AZ to tell you how it is a partial 360. That could mean several things and I do not know what they did with her...BIG surgery.

• Hope you feel better AZ, I got mine at 7:30 tommorow morning. not thrilled.
  • hope you are feeling better...where you at in AZ? I'm in AZ also...
  • Go Spine!You made it!we are here--
  • Just thinking about you! Still sending positve thoughts and prayers your way. Praying for you and your pain mgt team, that your pain is well under control and all is going well. Man I wish we had somehow found a way to have hubby or someone check in for you or something.

Not the first time, I am sure, people have thought that on this site. Hmmm.....

• Just wanted to say, like all the others, that I wish you well, get your pain under control, and have a smooth recovery.

Remember, those first crappy weeks will pass and each week/month it gets better, but you know that already. Take good care of yourself, Lisa B
  • It was great to see a post from you.

You made it, girl. :)

Your surgery was a huge one. I hope the Pain Management team is keeping your pain to as tolerable a level, as possible.

I wish you less pain each day and will be anxious to hear from you, when you can post.

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    Good to hear your on the other side. Bring on the pain management team.........NOW!!!
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • :( I'm sorry you are in so much pain. Soon all that will get better with each day that passes. It is hard to see that light at this stage, I know this well. :) We are thinking about you and praying for you & your pain mgt team to find the right combination of meds to help you feel some relief. Hugs! >:D<