Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

3 month xray

treadyttready Posts: 61
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
hi folks iv not had much to say for a while. but last week i went for my 3 month xray check up. surgeon says my xrays show a perfect fusion taking place. i will add at this point i smoke loads and have done for 30 yrs lol up the anti smokers lobby. but and this is a big butt I'm still getting pain in my back well to be honest its never gone away really. over the last 2 days iv been getting a sharp pain were the screws are. plus since my second op that was 11 days after the fusion op to wash out an infection i caught. iv been getting killer pains in my stomach when walking. i did tell the surgeon all this but he was like "well your stomach is no wear near your spine so go and see your doctor". at which point i told him "i already had and the doctor told me to talk to the you" so he said " ill write to your doctor" so I'm waiting to see what he thinks about it.talk about passing the buck. i kinda get the impression the surgeon is like well iv done my job what more can i do so go away.come back in 6months for your next check up. any one else feel like that after seeing there surgeon.any way that's my story so far. history is spondy grade 3 through trauma. spine fusion with screws and rods bone taken from pelvis. 11 days latter second op wash out caused by infection.