Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I'm so happy now

fr0ggyloverffr0ggylover Posts: 19
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had my surgery and was felling better now more of the healing pain has started.

My Dr in Madison found out My back was worse then the Mri showed but he did what he coulsd and fixed me up with a more fusion so now from what I understand I have S1 L5 hardware fusion with bone graft and L5 L4 just bone graft fusion.

the hospital was good.

any ? please ask.

• Hi,

I have no insight on the fusion but wanted to say I'm glad you are starting to feel better. I am sure others will reply with insight.

From what I've read...don't get discouraged if you have ups & downs with emotions or pain. A fusion is a big surgery it's not uncommon to have good days and bad days.
  • Sorry things were worse then expected but glad they found and "fixed" the problem in one surgery.
    I'm also glad you are getting some pain relief, the after surgery pains can creep up an surprise you, but they do pass. Please keep us posted as to your progress, we are here for you :)
    God bless and Keep you,
  • I commented on your other post but just in case I wish you all the best for your healing and recovery. It's good they did surgery when they did to find all the problems underneath what an MRI can't reveal. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Good healing for you!

I'm glad you got the extra fixing that you needed. Those MRI's are not 100% for sure!
  • all the meds have caused me to not be able to go #2 and now got a store fix for that.

my one leg is giving me some trouble feels like a leg cramp but so far is n't going away with heat "keeping an eye on it thou".

but everythign is going ok I have been over doing it a little and now have to back off some. waking in the night in pain and the new bed is helping with the recovery.

been taking abotu a 2 hour nap per day. I'm a real B if I don't get it.

But all is going.

• Some days I over do it and then the next day I feel it, but othter then that things are going good.

the healing is all that hurts now. But that is what I thought would happen.

• It is so encouraging that less than a month after surgery you are doing so well and

Wonderful to have a good story when you are awaiting surgery. Thankyou!