Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

uh im left very confused after this mri refer to pic

Emj1988EEmj1988 Posts: 45
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
so i got my first mri on my upper back yesterday and im still waiting for the tech to review the mri. I got a copy of the cd today and im kinda concerned after looking at it. If you can see in the pic the main nerve is against the intervetebral body with no space to spare wich is very scary because if I had a bulged disk i would be done for!! Is this normal is sure does not look normal more like an abnormality yikes! Any ideas? Anyone with this prob please help? I have crazy pain between my shoulder blades but i think its more of a muscle prob. I hope its not due to the stress on the cord.

21yr old injured on the job with.....

L3-4: Mild bilateral facet arthroses.

L4-5: Mild desiccation and disc bulge. Mild bilateral facet arthroses.

L5-S1: Mild disc space narrowing and desiccation with a left central disc extrusion which extends dorsally up to 4mm. There is mild retrolisthesis of L5 on S1 of 2mm. There is mild ventral indentation on the dural sac and left S1 nerve root. There is no foraminal narrowing. Mild bilateral facet arthroses.

Conservative treatments: non surgical spinal decommpresson (this helped alot!), petibon system, excersice ruitine, 1 x epidural(s) (this relived some pressure on s1-l5 whooo who), coming soon adult stem cell injection!

• I wish I could comment on your picture, but I am still trying to figure out how to read my scans. What you posted here looks pretty straight forward to read, but again... I can't comment on anything.

Do you have an appointment set up with your doctor to review the findings?

The pain between your shoulder blades could be from a number of things. Are you prescribed any kind of muscle relaxers or pain medication? I have found that relaxing in a heated pool with a noodle around my back, helps to relieve a lot of the pain in this area. Sometimes I wish I could just sleep in that position for hours.

Best wishes to you for less pain and please keep us posted.

• What else are you feeling and how did you get hurt? You need to go over this with your doctor. He will do his exam and review the test results. Here's the thing - deciding what can and should be done is based on your symptoms not what is seen on a test. By age 40 everyone has disk deterioration thanks to just living 40 years. Unless you have pain you may never know what is going on in there and there is no need to treat what doesn't hurt.

You should be keeping a pain log detailing when, what and how bad. Do this for a few days so you can honestly and accurately tell the doctor what is going on.