Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

One year later

kitnmomkkitnmom Posts: 15
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello everyone, i was here about a year ago looking for advice.
So i am one year out from surgery on Feb 11th. I had a lumbar discectomy L5 S1 minor compared to many here.
I had extensive scar tissue on the nerves, and the derma was nicked and leaking spinal fluid. My outpatient surgery became inpatient and i stayed overnight flat on my back with a cath.
I was able to go home the next afternoon and felt great no leg pain or back pain. Just numbness down the back of my butt, heel,leg. the numbness has remained and is permanant.

few days later i got muscle spazams so bad i couldn't get out of bed. but got some muscle relaxers and really that was the worst of it.

i have a permanant 40 occ 20 reg lifting restriction, which has kept me from work. I have occasional pain and tripped oneday and now have numbness all the way to my toes.

overall i am glad i got the surgery and reccomend my surgeon

• I am getting the idea that any spine surgery is not minor my surg-doc talked like the actual serg was a walk in the park but it was very serious .i no he had been doing it for 15 years and there was a 10% chance that it would not work or leg numbness or pain would lot go away or or .
    I no there has to be a lot of us who have made a home run on the first swing some 2 –3 or4
    Yes I too am glad I got the surg (knowing what I now no I wood have done it the first week)I gist wish the doc would have been a little more clear on the recovery time 6 weeks ya right I have been ready to go back to work for 5 months but low back .leg .foot. butt . pain after driving car 20-30 min or sitting 30 min turns into back spazin
    Witch takes a couple days to recover from( I drive heavy equip for work) serg doc say its normal muscles are gist week and nerves are waking up it sucks when you no something is not right and you no the back monster is waiting to jump on you if you twist wrong or bend, pick up. Bounce. Trip. I hope yours gets better soon on its own keep us posted