Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

1st day of PT

mommatialuvmmommatialuv Posts: 269
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well I went for my PT consult yesterday, which included some exercises, of course. I cant believe what little she did wore me out so bad.
Also something weird happened, when I got home I had to run to the store for a couple items, all of the "scooters" were being used so I had to walk with my walker and a basket on the seat. I was there maybe 15 mins, so some sitting exercises (i cant lay down)in PT and 15 mins of walking, I get home and set my bag on the counter and all of a sudden I have to go pee, well I just started going,:nailbite: :shh: I could not stop it and by the time I got to the bathroom, I needed a shower, and a mop.:crying: It really put a damper on the day :sigh: , but it hasn't happened again. :D Is it possible that the "new moves" she had me do aggravated an already sensitive bladder? :confused:" alt=":confused:" height="20" /> I guess more importantly, is it possible for cauda equina to come on gradually? :think:
She of course gave me "homework" to do which I did today,:neutral:" alt=":neutral:" height="20" /> it wore me out but I did not loose control of my bladder. :party:
I am going on Tues and Thus,I will mention it to her. I am hoping this round or PT helps.
It was kinda funny she had me lift my leg, knee bent while she tried to hold it, I got a 4 out of 5 and said oh that doesn't seem to bad, :applause: she said for a 46 year old it isn't good. :( Well it got worse from there so I have a lot of work to do. :S
If anyone has any experience with EMG NCS results, I have a copy of mine and was wondering about some terminology in the summary :think: it says "needle exam revealed ((large complex polyphasic motor unit potentials)) in both anterior tibialis and tensor fascia lata muscles bilaterally." and "NCS revealed decreased tibial ((CMAP amplitudes)) bilaterally as well as a slowed left peroneal ((velocity and boarderline)) tibial ((conduction velocities)) bilaterally" I was able to look up the muscles mentioned but dont know about the parts in ((...)).When I googled up those terms, the sites I was offered were to technical for my poor little brain :confused:" alt=":confused:" height="20" /> Anyone with insight or knowledge please explain.
Thanks in advance,:D
God bless and keep You,