Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

strakerstraker Posts: 1,851
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Chronic Pain
i am sorry that i have not been partaking on topics recently .the reason for this is i am too ill .i see the top man on the 9th of march .to see if another operation would help me .the options are ADR and a fusion or both or nothing .my doctor thinks that more surgery would not help and says that i should forget surgery and stay on my pain killers .i don't know what i should do .my life is not too good at the moment pain has taken a grip and i find myself unable to do all but the most basic of things .its pain killers and recliner for me .so thanks for the PMS and well wishers .i am sorry that i have not taken part in the post ..again i just feel that i don't have anything constructive to say ..so i have not been saying anything.so its the 9th of march when i should know where i am going with this nightmare of pain .so until then .i know nothing .i wish all the regulars the best and i should be back to normal {post wise } after the 9th
thanks again

• Sorry to hear that. I'm sure everyone will keep you in their thoughts and prayers. Pain sucks, no doubt about that - especially when it gets worse and prevents you from doing things you enjoy. I hope they can find something to help before then. That's a month to deal with it. You have my sympathies!
  • hi toni
    my thoughts and prayers are with you..
    you contribute alot to others here so please if ya can just post even if to vent to us..
    i love reading your post and your in my thoughts
    hang in there i know its hard when seems the pain is controling..pls try to stay positive and strong.
    i hope all goes good for you at doc appt..
    pain is so hard to deal with..i hope you have someone to help be by you thru this..you have us all
    thinking good thoughts for you
    mary aka
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • Thanks for the update. So sorry that you're feeling even more lousy than usual. I've been wondering if things went downhill for you lately because I don't see you posting. You're in my thoughts and prayers every day. Will be watching for what they tell you tomorrow. Keep courage. :)

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    Good luck on the 9th.I wish you a good outcome You deserve it! :)))
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • Tony-I am so sorry to hear you are having such a hard time-I hope the dr can do something to get rid of your pain-remember we are here for venting,ranting,crying,or whatever
  • Tony - I am so sorry to hear that you are in such pain lately. I hope that you will get the answers you need on March 9 and will be looking for an update then. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
  • I'm sorry to see you having so much pain. I hope the Doctor can help you on March 9th. hopefully he has some answers for you. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I wish you well, and that the docs can find something, anything to help you, you've been through the ringer already. I haven't been on much lately either, but think of you often, and wondered if you'd been going through more of a rough patch. Hang in there buddy, I hope the next month goes by quickly for you. Post when you can, and know we're here for you to lean on from near and far!!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • they can move your appointment up? At times, I have been able to do that because of really bad pain. I have also put my name on a list to be called in case someone else cancels their appt. Good luck to you.
  • Did you ask the office staff to add you to the "fill" list if someone cancels? March...grr...in pain that is a bit far away. I am sorry you are ill and hurting. Not good "juujuu" beads. I will keep you in my thoughts. Positive energy... :-)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • as for moving me to an early slot ..forget it ..this is the UK!! i have written to the surgeon and he has said that with all the very bad weather that we have had hear his work load is mental .he is working around the clock fixing hips and legs etc caused by all the snow {people falling and braking bones!}.i was told that because i am a chronic case i may even be put back to a later appointment.i never thought that i would end up as i am .i am 43 and was a fit slim person that could do almost anything ..but now even the simplest of tasks is very hard to do i am sleeping only 1/2 hours then pain wakes me ..that makes me tired and ratty in the day ..i cant stand for more than a few minutes then i have to sit down things like walking/shopping etc are all out .my wife is doing everything and all i am doing is trying to keep comfy and warm on my chair.is not much of a life .and to make matters worse my 14 year old slim fit daughter has L4/5 DISK PROBLEMS.so i am worried about her too...she has been told she may require surgery .thanks again you are all very kind people
  • I'm saying a prayer for your young daughter. That's tough for someone so young to go through surgery but if it's necessary maybe she'll do better. Wishing you light and healing and for your daughter. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I know you don't know me. I am new here. But i do wish to all the best in life and will say a prayer for you.

Wishing you the best on March the

• I'm sure having that flu must have really dragged you down! I know when we spineys get sick on top of all our pain we have a very rough time. At least that's over! Did your daughter have a accident/injury to herniate that disc? It must be torture for you knowing she has a back issue! I'm sending you a big hug, you need one right now. I know Mar 9 feels a long way away, you're probly excited and dreading it at the same time. I pray you find someway somehow to ease your pain. Sorry if this is a stupid question, do they do pain pumps or SCS's in the UK? You've probly answered that question a million times, sorry. Just reaching. Just holding onto hope for you.

Faith M
  • yes they do have SCS over here but they are unsuitable for me Painkiller thank you for your kind words
This discussion has been closed.