Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

zanieladyzzanielady Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi everybody, I will be having a laminectomy and disectomy and fusion on L-3 in about 2 months.I would appreciate anyone that has had this type of surgery to share there experience with me as far as pain,getting around the house after surgery and if it helped you.I would be glad for anyone to comment.

• Hi,

First let me say welcome to spine-health. Have a look around and you will find many going through or have gone through what you are dealing with. As far as your up coming surgery, I personal have not gone through that surgery so have no real experience to offer up to you. You may want to check out the video section and watch the video on that procedure. If you use the search feature at the top of the page and place those words in it you will find a hoist of articles dealing with it as well. Anyway just thought I would stop by an welcome you to spine-health. Take care.

• I haven't had surgery yet, but there are lots of lovely people here who will share their story with you.
    You have come to the right place for support.

I'll be watching here also to find out what they say :-

Welcome to our friendly family!
  • Welcome. Up on the top of this forum you will find a few sticky topics. These are lists of must-haves for surgery. You will also see a surgery of the month topic which is a running chat of people who are scheduled each month.

Read and ask questions. There is tons of info here.
  • Hi there! Definitely read the must haves - it helped me to get my epectations about how I would be post op straight! Everyone has a different experience but if you are ready for the "worst" then it will all be ok! It also helps to get your carers ready too. I think my husband thought I was exagerating about the post op stuff but I reckon he would sing a different tune now!

The only thing you can't buy that you need boatloads of is patience! I am 4 months post L5S1 PLIF and am still learning to pace myself properly! Also you need patience to deal with the people who think that you will be better after 6 weeks!

Good luck!