Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

4 month post surgery

Mark33MMark33 Posts: 44
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well, I had my L5-S1 fusion at the end of October of last year. It has been about 4 months. I just wanted to report back to let everyone know that there are SUCCESS stories out there! I have been back to my doctor twice and both with positive feedback. Xrays at this point look great. I go in for a catscan at the beginning of March to make sure the fusion is going fine and then a dcotors appointment a few days after to confirm. He said that I would be released to do about anything at that point.

I went to PT for about a month starting in December.. Started walking a few miles that month as well. I have GRADUALLY made it to a light jog and have been going 2-3 miles per day. Very lightly. I am going to get back into my FIRST 5K on March 6th.. I will go very light but I am so happy that I can even do this.. As for pain I really do not have much at all. NOTHING like I had prior to surgery. I do feel tightness in my legs at times but I can tell that this has to do with the lack of exercise and flexability in that area that I have had to take part in the last several months. I cannot wait until that comes back to me. I am slowly working in other exercises as well for other parts of the body. Really focusing on the core area. Man I lost alot of strength and flexability while I did very little for over 2 months.

Anyway, this site really has helped me the last several months. Thank you all! I will keep you posted following my last visit in March!

• Stories like yours are so encouraging for those of us still waiting for surgery.

I imagine that very often, the people who have had a complete success don't think to come back and tell us, so we can get a rather lopsided picture of how helpful spine surgery is. They are too busy enjoying their new life.

Wishing you continued healing and enjoy your more comfortable life.
  • awesome news and what a great goal of a 5K! I wish you the best of luck! I am still on the outside looking in, anxiously waiting....I have missed having a fitness goal so much! I'd like to plan a charity run/walk, but I know I am so far from that at this point! Thanks for posting and letting us hold tight to the goal of wellness!
  • Mark thanks for posting, I just had a fusion on L5-S1 8 days ago and hearing success stories like yours is great. :)