Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Bad Day

SapaSSapa Posts: 47
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Fibromyalgia
Hi everyone,

I haven't been here for a while, but I'm just having such a bad day - bad couple weeks actually, and I know you all will understand how I feel.

I am SO exhausted, and in SO much all-over pain from Fibro. I'm dizzy a lot, totally foggy, cold, headaches, weepy all the time. I have no motivation and no energy, I feel like I just don't care.

I've recently returned to work after being off due to back surgery (L5/S1 laminectomy) and I'm back full-time. I just don't know if I can handle it anymore. There's no option for part-time here, and I can't go on sick leave - I've used up all my sick-leave time. I can't quit - my husband just started a job this week after being out of work for about 2 months. His wage is less than before also. We can't afford for me not to work even though my husband completely understands that it's so hard for me, and would be fine with me not working if we could afford it.

I just don't know what to do with myself. I just feel like going to bed and staying there forever! I feel so depressed and like crying all the time, and like I could have a meltdown!

Any and all worlds of encouragement or suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks for listening.

• I don't if this will help but I am sending you this big ((((((((((((( >:D< )))))))))))))))))))) hug
    I hope you start feeling better

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I don't have any answers for you. I just want to let you know that I understand and sympathize with your pain. You said the main thing yourself...you can't quit. How long have you been back to work? I hope that you get to feeling better real soon. When you get home from work take a long hot bath and curl up on the sofa with a soft blanket and let hubby take care of you. It sounds like he is very understanding of your pain. Try to get all the rest you can at home and let everything else go. Hopefully your strength will come back really soon. Recovering from surgery is hard and having fibro makes it even more so. Good luck and take care.
    Here's to better days ahead!
  • I just wanted to say hello and remind you thats there is alot of us here who care and your not alone.

Living with pain every day is hard, most of us here can definately identify with you.

I too work every day and can't quit because we can't afford for me not too work, I think I may be facing another surgery but I have to wait until summer so I don't have to take the time off work (I work in a school), some days at work are so difficult due to the pain but we have to keep going and its hard for others at work to unerstand what we are feeling because we look well and we are walking!!! (I get that ALL the tiime!).

I dont know much about Fibro, but hopefully its something that you can get help with through meds. Try to remain positive, we have to remind ourselves what is good in our lives insead of always dwelling on the bad and the pain. I know easier said than done!!

It sounds like you have a caring supportive husband, and today if we have a job we are lucky with so many out of work, and the things I do to keep my sanity is doing things I enjoy, being part of life, I get my pedicures and my nails done, I play board games with my children, I read......what ever it is, do something that pampers you and makes you feel good. I recently got a makeover (I just had my 40th birthday), I feel bad but I look good!!! LOL

I am sorry I have no good medical advice, I am always searching for my own answers to my pain, but I do know that our mental well being is very important too. Don't give up....we are all here for you.

Good luck
  • I'm sorry you're feeling so down. I know each one of us understands how you feel because we've been there. And some days there's just nothing that can make the feeling go away.

If I were near you, I'd bake a big batch of brownies and cookies and put something yummy in the slow cooker so when you got home the house would smell really good. Then I'd tell you to go take the hottest shower you can stand and take a chair with you so you can stay off your feet - and use all the hot water. We don't need any more than what you need for your shower.

Then I'd put you in your jamies and plant you on the couch with about 15 chenille pillows and cover you up with the softest blanket in the house and serve you ice cream. Oh, forget the chicken in the slow cooker. Depression needs ice cream and a warm brownie.

Well, it's a nice thought and I'd really do it if I were there, but I'm not so I'm just sending you good smelling thoughts and a big gentle hug.

I hope you feel better tomorrow. Oh, I suppose it's got to make you feel a little better looking at that cute little puppy that's in your avitar. He looks like a little angel.

• Thank you so much, all of you! Your kind words and thoughts mean so much.

I'm home now and I'm going to take your advice - shower, PJs, couch, bed!!! I really do have a lot to be grateful for, as you said. Sometimes it's hard to focus on that, so thank you so much for helping me remember. Having people understand where I'm coming from is such a good feeling - even people with the best of intentions, like my husband, can't understand. He wants to and he does his best, but he just doesn't. I don't hold it against him, it's just good to be able to say straight out how I feel and have people get it.

So thanks again so much for listening, and for taking the time to reply and encourage me. It really means so much!

Take care, all of you!
  • Hi there :H
    I had a meltdown last week and everyone here was fantastic, so when I see someone else in need of support I just have to jump in.
    Let's face some days just plain suck, I had to give up work because of my pain and I'd do anything to be able to work. But my hat's off to you to stick it out, you must be made of strong stuff to keep going.
    You are stronger than you give yourself credit for.
    Be kind to yourself, don't beat yourself up about what you should or shouldn't be doing, take one day at a time and do the bare minimum when you need to.
    Lie on that couch, drag your hubby over and just cuddle, you'll feel heaps better soon i'm sure.
    >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
    take care