Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back to Work ...again

TraseeTTrasee Posts: 571
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hey my spiney and necky friends,

I am off to work again on Monday 2/15. I hope I am able to handle it this time. I am on minimal pain meds now and still on some muscle relaxers, but they don't seem to have much effect on me anymore, my commute shouldn't be an issue. The revved up pt has been a bit painful but I can really tell a difference in the last week or so. And the walking has been a lifesaver. 5 lbs off so far LOL.

I know I have said this before so I am going to be redundant. I cannot thank you all enough. Being able to voice frustration or just read about others experiences when I have issues sleeping has been a HUGE help to me. I will not be one of those posters that drops off the site once I am all well. I will update and frequently. People new to the board should see the good outcomes as well as the bad. Easy hugs to all :)

Best Wishes,

• I sounds like your recovery is well under way and it must be encouraging that you feel ready to return to work. Hope that it works out this time. Make sure you don't overdo it, but enjoy the feeling of being on the way back to your 'normal' life.

Thanks for letting those of us waiting for surgery know how your story is going. It is so helpful to arm ourselves with information; both good and bad, so we are prepared for most things that might crop up.

Take care of yourself.

• That also sounds wrong - but oh what a great reason!! Traci I used to think not working would be the best thing in the world. I guess it is if you have tons of money and feel great. For the rest of us - lol - it's depressing and filled with fear.

Hopefully you are ready this time. If that's the case then you will continue to heal and probably even more quickly. Necessity is the mother of invention so I know you will make it work. It will be so good for you to be back with people as well.

If you are like me you will spend this weekend getting the house cleaned up and making a few meals so that when you get home tired on Monday you can pop something in the microwave. I can't wait to hear from you Monday night!!
  • Hey girl I am happy for you and also jealous. take care

hoping you have a pain free life

• Here's hoping you have a better go of it this time 'round! Good luck and let us know how you fare!
  • Good to hear you are well enough to return to work. Take it slow...let us know how it goes.

Sounds like you are ready to take on the next challenge! Glad you are doing well.
  • Awww, but you were having such fun staying at home! Ha. I must agree with Kris; you'll heal more quickly (hopefully) and just generally feel more human being out and around people. I'll get out my VooDoo supplies and send positive mojo your way!

Your tone sounds so positive, I know you'll do well. If you have a setback, take a little short spiney vacation and stay at home a bit to catch your breath and go again.

Much Aloha,
  • I hope it goes better this time round. Good luck. Helen xx
  • Thanks for all the support. This time around I feel better so I am thinking that makes all the difference in the world. I miss my work peeps and they facebook me lots, so it will be good to see them. I hope I remember all of my fabulous skillz LOL.

Thanks and Hugs,

P.S. My on/off bf asked me to marry him. That might have something to do with being more positive. Maybe he is on bf now LOL. My answer was MAYBE hehe.
  • Good luck back to work and I hope you have a good outcome with no pain and and take your breaks. Best wishes too for your engagement when you're ready! Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Traci, that is great news! It is so encouraging as I wait for my surgery and try to endure the pain and make it through the days~ It's awesome to hear you are doing well, returning to the 'real' world and contimplating marriage! YaY! Go get 'em girl and just remember to post and let us know how you are doing!Looking forward to hearing from you!
  • Its great that you like and miss your work peeps, that is so helpfulfor your mental and physical well being. I had to wotk with one of those "toxic" people (thank God it was less than a year) but the damage she did to my well-being was awful.

So now you are feeling better pain-wise and mentally (congrats). I think you will do just great back to work, let us know how you do, Lisa
  • Hi friends,

My first day back went easier than I expected. I was able to move around a lot more than normal. On Thursday I will be back to my normal position and will see how that goes. I forgot how a day at work can make ya so tired. I hope you are all doing well.

Hugs and Thanks,

• Glad it went well Traci. Slowly you are getting back to your pre-surgery life, and hopefully it will be better than ever.

Keep improving.
  • :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    Smiles all around!

You are a sweetheart and I wish for you all good things to come your way now that you're back in the world.

Best wishes to you and your "maybe" beau!

• :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    Smiles all around!

You are a sweetheart and I wish for you all good things to come your way now that you're back in the world.

Best wishes to you and your "maybe" beau!

• I am happy for you for not only going to work, but having somebody realize what a catch you are. Of course I don't really know you, but I can feel your love for your fellow man in your writings. I will respond to your PM later, I bet your at work right now anyway.

-I think it was Charlie Daniels that said "ain't it great to be alive and in the great state of Tennessee"
    -hope you have a wonderful day
    -your friend norm
  • Great news,Traci!you deserve it!let us know how work goes,and of course we want to be in on the wedding plans!(if you decide)(
  • I'm so glad work & life is on the up & up for you! xo!
  • Working again really gets the oxygen flowing and moving through your surgery site too - it's good for the body :)

I still hated my first several months back though! The fatigue was almost overwhelming at times.

Good luck and do let us know your final answer...(re: the proposal ;))
  • Thanks for the replies :) day 2 was a lil harder than day one. I sat a little more today and man that's just a killer. But it feels good just to be out seeing people again. And I got a raise while I was away. I was triping. I didn't even know. I wonder if they know I was even off for 6 months. Hehe!! No decision on the wedding front. I am not one to trust easily nor to jump into something as serious as marriage. I only plan to do it once....or twice LOL.

Happy Days,
  • Traci,
    Well done you any return to work should be celebrated and many here have the desire to continue employment though difficult times, we need a daily update, so you can hear us all cheer together…

I spent every day of my own enforced sabbatical dreaming of returning to work and it was a time I never forgot, the importance and relevance, it reflects our progression. I used what I like to call my downtime to change the work that I do, and that would never have happened but for the pain I manage on a daily basis.

Well done you, how is the maybe going….

The facebook thing is good and keeps some of those memories and continuity going.

Take care, we need a job club here…..maybe you !

• John,

I tend to be flippant about returning to work. But I am really just happy to have a job in this economy. And I am employed by a large corporation so that is scary right now. So I am willing to work through some pain to make sure I keep my job.

It's good to hear you were able to chgange your work with your time off. That kind of time off tends to give us time to figure out what is really important.