Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

possible MS

jayhawkjjayhawk Posts: 1,032
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
During my evaluations my surgeon noted that my reflexes are "very brisk", I have significant tremors and I am very week~more so in the feet /ankles/calfs, vs the hips. My surgeon feels this doesn't go hand in hand with my MRI findings (my brain MRI is normal)My surgeon feels strongly that there may be something else neurological going on in addition to the spine and wants a thorough neuro evaluation. Initially he wanted to wait until this was done before having surgery. He reversed this, but definately wants this done~he suspects MS. Has this happened to anyone else? It is so scarey and weighs heavily on my mind!

• Welcome to Spine-Health.

I've not personally been through this, but there's another member, Jay111, who's been going through this for a while. What he's shared with us, as well as some other members, is that MS is not so much finding that you have it as it is ruling other things out which means lots of testing in different areas.

Jay has been going through this for quite a while and has had his share of ups ("nothing we're finding is pointing to you having MS") and downs ("we really think you have MS"). And he's going to one of the the top MS neurological centers in the western states.

Please try to keep calm while you go through this process. It can be a long one and hopefully you can keep your mind on other things while riding this out.

Good luck to you and please keep us posted.