Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

One year anniversary from 2 level PLIF

annmarie824aannmarie824 Posts: 57
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi everyone!
I am about to come upon my one year anniversary from a PLIF L4 L5 and S1 on 2/17. I was just wondering how everyone is doing who has hit this milestone. I go to the doctor Monday for a check up. I call myself "abnormally normal". I can do most everything I did with modifications. Due to some arthritis in my sacroilliac joint because of the fusion, its a problem to lift heavy things although I do it. (have to ice afterwards!) I cant walk the malls like I used to. (still have left foot pain) But all in all, a HUGE improvement compared to before surgery. If I am out and about for any length of time, my cane (or canes) come with. I just have a couple of them now and color coordinate with them. I now have a clearer understanding of how to "make lemonade out of lemons"! I hope everyone is having a blessed and pain free day...
Annmarie ♥