Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

leg pain after back surgery

backpainsarabbackpainsara Posts: 25
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had 2 fusions and 1 herniated disc repaired to my lower back on 1/27. Recovery is going very nicely except for extreme leg pain during the evening. Didn't have leg pain before surgery. Doctor said its the nerves healing. How long does this go on, and has anyone experienced this before

• I had a 1-lvl TLIF o L4/5 on January 6 and totally understand your pain. Mine got so bad that I had to use a walker and needed my husband to help me with most things.

The good news is that it lasted right around a week then it went away completely. Of course I'm not saying this will be your experience, but it was mine. I hope it goes away quickly for you, too. That's a really big ouchy - I'll never forget the intensity of it.

Please keep us posted.
  • mine has been well over a week. did yours only happen at night. doc has given me some meds for the nerves. only taking 1 a day right now, increase to 2 a day in 5 days. hope it will work
  • since surgery my surgery was on the 20 Jan and the leg pain is worst now than it was before surgery I wanna know when will it end I have been to the Er so many times I can't count so I do understand hang in there I keep hearing it will get better I am waiting I know it will and everyone's body heal differently.
  • I had my fusion 8 days ago and I have the leg pain too, it burns. :( I hope its like Caths and goes away soon. :(

My doc said it was the same thing the nerves healing and all.
  • I had a one level ALIF at L4 on Dec 17.
    I too have had horrible at times its excrutiating and goes down into my foot?
    Do any of you have foot pain too?
    I have my first follow up Thurs 2/18.
    I had an old scipt from a pm doc for neurotin that I started on 1/24 but it doesn;t seem to be helping. So for now I take it along with percocet and sxelaxin.