Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What was your experience with cervical ESI's?

sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Spinal Injections
I'm scheduled to see a PM doctor next week to set up ESI's. I'm looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time. I've been reading up on the side effects and so forth. I'd just like to hear of your experience. How many have you had? Did they help? If so for how long? Any serious side effects? Would you do it again? I'm just asking for personal experience not medical advice. Thanks.

• Howdy Debbie,

For me... Had them twice (when my C5/6 was the issue) and I really got nothing out of them. Same doctor did both. I hurt like crazy after, I felt jumpy, and though no hives, itched like crazy for 2 days! I (and my NS agrees) will not get another one!

Oddly, about 5 years ago, got them in my shoulder, and that critter lasted about 3 weeks (helpful), and the second one, like 2 days! I know some people have great results with them. I hope you are one of those! Let us know how it goes Debbie!!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I know that everyone is different and have the injections for different problems. That's what I wanted to know is how well they work for/in certain situations. I'm sure they work well for some things and not so well for others. I guess it really depends on the circumstances. I'm just nervous about them and asking a lot of dumb questions. lol. I'm really getting my hopes up for this. I've had this pain for so long and would love to have an easy fix. (Wouldn't we all?)Oh to be able to drive without having a headache for days!
    Hope you're doing well. How is the voice?
  • When I teach, I let everyone know "The only dumb questions" are the ones left in the head! I remind them that the "guy sitting next to you might have the very same question!" Whelps, I would betcha that there are many on here with your exact dumb (NOT) question! :-)

Years ago when I had my first one, I didn't have a clue what to expect, so I went to the appointment "fat - dumb - and happy" as they say. It wasn't that bad of an experience for me, just didn't do much for me is all. I have my fingers crossed that they will work for ya woman!!!

The voice, hehehe...sliding right back to where it was. At least the steroids confirmed the swelling of the cords was what was taking my voice. I will give it a couple of weeks and go back to the ENT, then let *him* write his diagnosis and findings to my NS! I guess since it is looking more like they will have to go back in there, it will be ummm...errr "self correcting?" (G) As long as I know it won't cause damage, I can play with my sexy raspy voice?

Let us know how the ESI works for ya!!! *HUG*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.