Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone awake out there?!

LouiseLLouise Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Sleep Problems
Hi everyone!
It's been ages since I posted on SH. I'm having a heck of a winter & this week has been very bad. My sciatic nerve pain level is what I consider 'chainsaw' level! Ready to cut the leg off level! Of course I wouldn't do it, but my friend with like pain understands where I'm coming from. I say it to get my point across to people, especially those who don't understand. I've had nerve pain for 11 years, so am not new to pain. I've a listed history. I'm on the usual array of meds & 1800mg of Neurontin, as well as pain meds. I've tried the whole array of meds through the years. I'm at the super fed up stage. I've been taking the max amount of my meds, of what I can take this past week. The pain has been so nasty. I also find the cold & dampness of our winters are just torture on my nerve pain & OA.
To top things off, I've had bad insomnia for over a week. Falling asleep after 5am, sleeping only several hours. Pain often wakes me. I'm just so flipping tired, lethargic, aggrevated, you name it. Yes, I take Imovane at bedtime. I took it 5 hours ago. Guess it isn't working!! I do my ritualistic routine at bedtime, chamomile tea, relaxation music, meds. and so on.
Sorry, I'm venting, I'm so darn tired, frustrated. I'm not at newbie with pain. Just one who is experienced & so darn tired & worn out. Wish there was some answers besides take this or that medication. They cause their own problems. No new answers out there. That's frustrating to. I don't want more drugs. That always seems like the easiest answer. Need more research in this field. Different options besides medications, physio & all the other things I've tried!!
I am just SO fed up!!! I need some sleep!! I'm tired, I'm so very tired! Just SO fed up of 11 years of you know what!! Sorry, I just need to vent. I often feel so alone in this journey. I'm lucky I do have 1 good long distant friend who is supportive. I'm just very, very tired. Just need a little support tonight. Need sleep. Thanks to anyone out there listening. Sorry I haven't posted in a long time. Maybe I'll try to sleep again!!

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. I hope that you finally got some sleep. I know how long the nights can be when everyone else is asleep and your pain is keeping you awake. Go ahead and vent...it's what keeps us from a complete meltdown at times.
    Good luck

• dude, I just started sleeping again. I'll save you the trouble of reading my history. I not even a month out of a 360* and I don't know how much it fixed. I miss sleep, sleep was a really god friend of mine. I have to wait to see the surgeon or PM Drs. Surgeon gave me diazepam, and I take my lyrica with it when i try to go down but, I can't sleep long. To top it off my wife tells me I should go back to bed. Yeah laying there for a few more hours remembering how good and easy it was to sleep, no thank you. I miss dreaming, I guess if you don't sleep long enough you don't get to that level where you dream. I also have considered the sthil procedure. So like always no answers, just thinking it might make you feel better knowing I'm in hell too, i probably next door , bang on the pipes and I'll see if I can hear ya.
    -hope you get some relief
  • I agree with Sunny If you need to vent we understand.We all had night like your.I wish That maybe tonight you will have a pain free night

• I hope you got some sleep!Can you rest during the day?That's pretty tough to do if someone else is in the house banging around in the kitchen,etc.....Do you think any of your meds are having the opposite effect?Hydrocodone helps my pain,but does not make me drousy,and valium is like drinking coffee! Vent,vent,vent---we are all fellow spineys!