Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tinnitus and neck

shar51sshar51 Posts: 241
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Now that I have settled down from my surgeries I decided to get my hearing checked. The ringing/chirping in my ears started after my first surgery Sept 06 and never went away. I was concentrating on neck problem and pain and just did not deal with it. Went to a ENT and he is 99% sure I have menere's disease. I have had an MRI and blood work. Will have 2 more test on my ears to make it 100%. I just find it odd that it all started after surgery. Any other neckies have this ringing or other sounds in their ears?

• I am not a neckie, my spine issue is with my lower back, but I do deal with tinnitus. I have TMJ and have had ringing of my ears on and off since I was in my early 20's.

Fall of 2008 I ended up getting a serious sinus infection that was not treated properly for a few months and caused all kinds of head issues. I ended up getting migraines, vertigo and sever ear throbbing. Over time the vertigo and migraines have all but gone, but i still have ear throbbing just about every day. It is to the point that I will often have to wear ear plugs because I am so sensitive to sound when this happens.

I have been told I have meners, but my last ENT said that meners is actually very rare and that my issue is most likely due to my TMJ???? Anyhow, I just figured I would share my experience with you and I hope you can get your issue resolved.

• I have read a lot of articles dealing with this and from one I can see the direct correlation is hard to make. But there is plenty of evidence that suggest it does exist from neck injuries. I am not really sure that a doctor would be willing to say that one caused the other. I am not much a believer in coincidence on this one. I think there is some correlation to it happening. But I am no doctor, just someone who thought they were going nuts with the noise. I didn't have ringing so much but almost like I could hear some thing. I will have to say it has subsided to some extent but still have positional vertigo. Here is a link that may help. if you have problems opening the link google cervical spine tinniutis and the link will come up, there is also several other good articles out there on it and some theories of how it happens. Sometimes when I copy and paste links from that site the article won't open if your not a member. Anyway I hope this helps.