Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Medical Malpractice

Kris-NYKKris-NY Posts: 2,207
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Has anyone had to deal with medical malpractice? I just found out I have a fractured vertebrae from the surgery. I am guessing that my no-fault car insurance is going to want to stop paying for treatment now. I'm not sure how to handle this. Last thing I need is to get hit with a lien for thousands in medical bills because I didn't do something that I should have.

• Kris, in order to do med mal you have to prove that the doctor did something wrong. Not that something went wrong, but that the doctor made something go wrong. Not easy to prove. There are risks to all surgeries, just part of the package.

Sorry my fellow spiney. Talk to your attorney.
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • I really don't want to get into a malpractice case. I was just afraid that the car insurance will try to deny responsibility.

I spoke to my surgeons partner today and he was very rude. I was looking for a little comfort and reassurance and he was very abrupt. Told me that if I can get the films from the MRI and CT he would see me tomorrow. Otherwise wait until next week. Not sure if I want to see him. I may do it just to get some piece of mind for myself before the weekend.

• I'm not sure how the no-fault car insurance works. Is there a certain dollar amount set aside for your treatment and when that runs out, they are finished paying? In my mind, if they are accepting liability by paying for your care right now, it would make sense that they would be on the hook for future medical care. But that is in a real world where everything makes sense. Sorry I can't help you on how this situation will work out.

Are these two pedical fractures causing you more pain? I read your other topic on this and it is good you are getting in to see the doctor tomorrow. Please keep us all informed on how things unfold.
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!