Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

another question...

jayhawkjjayhawk Posts: 1,032
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I have yet another question~so happy to have found a place I can ask them. My surgery is next week, was deemed "urgent in Dec" but pushed back twice due to insurance working slower than a snails pace! :-) on the days that I work, I am exhausted, I come home and sleep! I will wake because of pain, but usually I will go back to sleep. Typically I am a light sleep. Just don't know if this is normal. My job is pretty demanding. Thanks Shari

• Personally I think it is exhausting waiting to have surgery. I would imagine you got geared up back in Dec. and then had the let down from not being able to go ahead as planned. And you've been in a state of suspended anticipation ever since, wondering when you will finally have it. I think chances are, what you are experiencing is a result of stress.
  • Hi Shari,

I can only tell from my experience that I found that I was exhausted when I was recovering and had an idea that my microD didn't work. When it was confirmed, it explained why I was exhausted. I found working remote (from home, lying down) helped. But the 2 weeks before my recent surgery I went back in. I was exhausted...wanted to take a nap mid-day. Stress about wrapping up stuff at work, stress about if the surgery would work, stress about the surgery itself, stress that the medical condition was causing.

I really can only say from my experience (and my situation wasn't as 'urgent as your's), it could be normal.
  • It is just amazing how tired I am on the 3 days that I work, but, on the other 4 days, it's very different. Thank you both for sharing! Shari