Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Scar tissue ?

john 40jjohn 40 Posts: 190
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Had micro d on l5 s1 7 months ago serg did great leg back to life pain down to around 3-4 low back –the big brick with nails down to golf ball size with no porky pine pain in less I drive or sit or stand -walk to long 20-30 min the little stun gun guy gets mad an lets me have it – recover in a day or two now did take 8 or 10 days –serg- doc say its all normal the nerves are waking up seams like I was getting better every day till around 3 months not getting better some days worse some better got really depresst I was suppose to go back to work in 6 weeks ( ya right ) been back to the serg-doc he say all normal I can stand on my toes it gist takes time some times nerves take a long time to heal if they do. so my gp-doc has me goin to pt and will see how it goes second opinion serg wants mri before I see him gp –doc wants to see how pt goes before mri so been doing pt 2 and 3 times a week some times it may help some times it wipes me out there are about 4 pt docs 1 I think is real good the rest gist go threw the motions I finely got the pt guy that seams like he knows what he is doing this past week –doing lots of stretching and some pressure point pushing thing the pain in back is way down and the ball has moved lower .but my leg is cramping and my foot is tingling almost all the time my heal is still numb prob be forever the pt doc thinks I may have scar tissue adhesions. From what have read that’s not good. has any one had scar tissue prob. ? I am about to go nuts or nuttier I have been off work so long my insurance an short term disab is almost to drop me :S

• hi John,

Everyone's experiences are different.
    Unlike you after my 1st MicroD, I only felt 'better' (and that's a relative word) for 2 weeks. After that, I kept just thinking...I'm not being patient. Recovery takes time.

At my 6-week check up I told the doctor I was not doing as well as I expected. He confirmed I was progressing slower than expected, but not worried. I asked if he thought I re-herniated b/c I still had numbness, a lot of leg pain, and oddly my entire back was always sore. He put me on prednisone to see if the incision swelling was just slowing my progress. That didn't work.

At week 10, he said...let's try PT.
    I said ok...but more or less insisted he send me for another MRI. Luckily he agreed that for peace of mind, it was worth sending me. I found out I reherniated but keep in mind, most doctors will not send you for another MRI until the 3 month mark unless you know you fell or did something you weren't supposed to.

I'm not saying you re-herniated. Unfortunately you may not get full feeling back in your foot. But if your pain is getting worse...then call your doctor and be clear with him that you are hurting and would like an MRI to just be sure. Most doctors will agree if you are feeling that lousy.
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    If you are still having pain and symptoms that lead you to be unable to work, do you have Long Term Disability that will kick in after STD is finished? If your STD was through your employer perhaps they also have LTD.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • Thanks for reply -----------
    Dnice –I think I new at about 3 or 4 weeks that some thing was not right –my serg doc say it all normal but the herniation was a lot more than the mri showed it gist takes time to heal – walk an stretch several times a day witch I did a lot
    He still thinks its normal since I can stand on my toes and jump around like a chicken even if after word the mad little guy in my back starts spazin out he say its nerve waking up
    Spineaz---I will have to call the Disability comp tomorrow I don’t think they have ltd
    When I started the std it got screwed up with the state std and the state paid it ( that’s calf )
    To days pt the longest one yet almost 2 hr lots of testing to see what movements made the stun gun guy mad and my foot and leg tingle or should I say stop tingling and gist hurt
    The pt doc say he is 95% sure of scar tissue adhesions (oboy lets fix it) he say will try flossing the nerve and manual manipulation I say ok lets do it --I wish I had taken a triple dose of pain meds –after stretching, pushing ,an stretching some more an making the stun gun guy in my back and the ants in my foot an leg madder than he##### tell its all kind of numb with a deep burning ache –I think is better maybe gist because the pain is different – I will see tomorrow if I can get out of bed =I have read some real bad things about scar tissue I hope this works